Love is Blind | Jacob Seed

Jacob Seed x Blind! Reader

People should fall in love with their eyes closed - Warhol

You shook when you heard the footsteps approaching, pressing your back against what you assumed were bars. You furrowed your brows and panicked when you felt hands grasp your wrists, the hands were rough and you could only imagine angry scars on their face and jagged teeth. You were horrified. You almost screamed when you tripped as they dragged you. You eventually felt a force push you forward and you heard the door click behind you. You were scared, you knew you were in the same room as Jacob Seed. A bear of a Seed brother who was known for his accuracy with a sniper. You heard him sit down.
"Take a seat, Pup." His voice was gruff, it helped you draw a figuration of what he looked like. A literal Bear of a man, scars littering his entire body. You hesitate before holding still, unmoving and shifting on your feet. You didn't want to move. You didn't have a way to get around, or a way to prevent yourself from tripping over a rug or a plank. You however tried to step back when you heard him start to stand up, your side jamming into the door knob as your misty eyes flicked around the room. You could feel when he got close and instinctively yelped. It was quiet for a moment before he scoffed.
"You're weak." You could feel him shift, "Just feed em to the Judges. I don't have time for this." And soon you were being dragged by your shirt to the pen. It stank of animals-like a zoo, but with more copper. It didn't take long for growling to begin, and you cowered  in fear as you felt one of them brush by you. You imagined them as grey beasts with shackles around their ankles and torn bodies. You imagined they had dry noses and blood matted in the fur. Eventually you sat down and let your tears roll, this was it- death by judges. Pathetic really. You could feel several of their presences and you jumped when a wet nose pressed against your arm, another to your ear as it sniffed you, another nose met yours and started to lick your face, and your brows rose. The judges were said to determine strength, but these ones didn't bite you or snap at you. They did growl though, but a wet nose pressed against your hand an invitation to pet it. You could hear a frustrated Peggie from the gate. You choked a little before smiling and beginning to pet the Judges. Your idea of them changed there as your hands rubbed them, they had mange but they were soft in the spots they did have fur. You could feel one lay on your leg as you smiled and relaxed. It didn't take long for an angry grunt to come from the fence and a familiar voice to fill your ears.
"Go on! Get!" You could feel the Judges get up and trot off before you were pulled up by a gloved hand. You panicked again and stood there. You could feel Jacob's gaze on you.
"So maybe you are strong."
Saturday: two months later
A wet nose met your hand and you instinctively began to pet the wolf. Jacob had kept you with him after the way the Judges had left you alone. You had an understanding as to what they looked like, because Jacob had described them to you when you had started a conversation about them, he had realised you couldn't get around easily and had granted you a Judge to guide you. The one that sat with you, which you had named Ford. Jacob was impressed with how you handled yourself, all you needed was a dog to make sure you didn't run into something. You had grown close to Jacob, and often he chose what you wore now, and sometimes he even helped you put on clothes. You had grown attached to him. You no longer saw him as a bear, but as a warrior. He wouldn't let you touch him, but you knew his hands were rough and calloused from work. You often sat beside him while he worked. Gave him company. You had often pondered on why he never sent you on your way. By now you were close to him. Really close. He would lay with you in bed-you still weren't allowed to cuddle him though. You would both lay next to eachother and you would ask him what things looked like and what colours they were. Other times he would let you sit with him on the couch to listen to his favourite song- Only you.
It only took you a month to develop feelings for him. Even when he woke up in a panic from his dreams, you would speak soft words to him and grab his hand, shushing him and telling him it was only a dream, and that he would never have to experience it again. You had grown accustomed to his scent- firewood.
Now you both laid together. Ford on the other side of you as you stroked his back. It only took a few minutes for Jacob to shoot up- your head snapping to his side of the bed as he breathed in, panicked, another nightmare. Your hand left Ford's fur and reached for his hand. You had already began to shush him, and when he didn't calm down you lifted your hand and placed it on the side of his face.
He tensed and went to move your hand, until your other hand came to the other side and cupped his cheek,
"Jake... its okay..." he stared at you, slowly calming down.
This is what made him fall for you.
You didn't judge him on the account of the scars that tore his body, you didn't care that he had bags under his eyes.
You didn't fear him, you saw the good in him.
You loved him for him.
Word count: 1019