Dogs(rewrite)|Joseph Seed

Joseph Seed x Deputy
This version of Dogs is also more for a late Christmas chapter!! Sorry it's late.

    Joseph was a busy man, he always worked on his sermons, and always stressed over the Deputy; over you. You had caused him so much trouble, even when you're in his grasp you still refuse to answer him, and you still refuse to join him.
Your eyes always held the spark of the resistance, but he knew there had to be some way to break you, there just had to be. He had noticed that when you were both at the Compound you would always make a B-line for the cult's pit-bulls. Nothing could stop you from getting to them and petting them until it was time to leave. You were always quiet with him, but you would never refuse to join him in the living room, or the kitchen, and sometimes you would crawl into his bed and cry into his back while he slept. He let you do these things because it made him think that maybe you were beginning to trust him. His hands always seemed to find your face as he pressed a kiss to your forehead. It wasn't until Christmas that you spoke to him, but that was after he questioned how you had managed to get him something, and you expected him to be angry with you when you told him you had slipped out while he was asleep, but he wasn't. Instead his eyes softened as he smiled at you and pulled you into one of his bone crushing hugs as he rubbed your back. Your gift to him wasn't that good, it was simple, but it was just for him. He had hoped you would like the gift he got you just as much as he loved the one you got him.
Opening the gift your hands trembled, untrusting of Joseph before you opened the gift and almost had a heart attack at the bundle that jumped out at you.
A puppy with big blue eyes licked your hands and tried to crawl up your chest to lick your face as you took the moment to process before starting to pet the dog as fast as possible. You had never gotten a gift the past Christmases because you had been so busy trying to kill Peggies, and you had never stopped to realise it was even Christmas. It overwhelmed you so much that you began to cry in excitement at the black and white puppy that bounced around and barked at you in a squeaky fashion. Joseph watched from his armchair before leaning forward and rubbing your back before you scooped the Puppy into one hand and turned to hug him. Clinging to him in such happiness as he was forced to stand up and sit down on the floor with you. You both sat there for a moment, watching the Puppy wriggle in your arms and try to get out of your hands- before Joseph broke the silence, "What are you going to name him?" Your entire body shuddered as you thought, and stared at the puppy who had taken to chewing on Joseph's Carpet, you took a moment to plan your words before looking at him, "It looks like you- and your family... With those big blue eyes..." he hummed in response and watched you closely, trying to read you, "Can we name it Seed?" Your voice was a little quiet with your question, he would have missed it if he wasn't paying attention, "Yes, we can name him Seed." Your eyes sort of wavered and grew wet again. You were so happy with Joseph compared to how the Resistance was, they never celebrated Holidays like you wished they would. Your hand found Joseph's as you smiled. Actually smiled in Joseph's presence and it made him feel a sense of Pride. You yourself hadn't smiled sense Sharky taught you how to dance to disco. Joseph squeezed your hand a little bit as you rested your head on his shoulder, "Can Boomer come live with us too?" Joseph's brow furrowed a bit at the question, but he hummed at you. You knew that the dog was wanted for he reaping, but if you didn't resist Joseph, then the collapse wouldn't come, and the reaping would have no use. He thought for a minute before sighing, "Yes, he can come live with us, but you have to keep him from jumping on the flock... okay?" You nodded as you shut your eyes, only to have the puppy trip over Joseph's foot trying to get to you. He chuckled and picked up the puppy, "Hello Seed... clumsy thing." He felt you smile again as you opened your eyes and watched the puppy nibble on Joseph's fingers.
"Thank you, Joseph." Your hand squeezed his a bit, "Thank you so much..." he looked at you, only to find you were already looking at him. The both of you smiled at each-other and he realised that maybe you never were Hell. Maybe God was rewarding him for his loyalty, with a new person to love him. To join him in Eden's Gate. Or maybe, he had tamed Hell itself, and he knew it was a reward. Your eyes were still wet as you hugged him a little before taking Seed into your own arms and holding him like you would a baby. Joseph's arm wrapped around your waist and kissed your cheek. You could feel his smile in that small kiss and it made you happier then you had ever been.
Who would've thought Joseph Seed would know you liked dogs? You had no idea that he had been keeping a close eye on you, but either way, you felt the love he wanted to shower you with. With that you looked at him, with a questioning gaze and he knew what you wanted, and he gave it to you.
He lovingly kissed you.
Word count:1000
I'm really proud of this rewrite. Hope you guys liked it, and I'm sorry about my absence in the past month maybe.