That fire-starter | Sharky x Reader

Sharky x Reader
[Request]

Sharky sure was something. Unbelievably stupid, but thats just what you loved. He was one of the easiest people to get along with around this hell-bent area.
You had just woke up and had made breakfast; you always cooked because you feared he'd burn the meal before it even touched the pan.
He had always bragged he was a King of Fire and he was- just not in the best way. You didn't jump when his hands wrapped around your hips and he rested his head on your shoulder,
"So what are we gonna do today?"
His voice was calming and you turned your head some to him and smiled, "I dunno... we have a free day so I don't really care what we do..." his hands rested on your shoulders and he smiled, "We could go fishing?"
"I don't really wanna fish..."
You rested your head against his and smiled again, "Let's just eat breakfast before do anything big, okay?" His hands were rough as they dropped off your hips- his grin spreading from ear to ear as he smacked your ass and got his plate. He always liked to do that to you in the mornings; he says its to wake you up, but you know he just likes to touch you sometimes. You watched him grab a beer from the fridge and go sit on the couch and flip on the tv- though you both knew it would only show the peggie bullshit. Either way, it was something to laugh at so early in the morning. Sharky let you lean on him as you both ate, you huffed some to yourself before he began to list things to do today; and there were tons. Honestly it surprised you at how many things he wanted to do that didn't include fire.

It was his idea to go on this hike by the way. In the middle of winter in Montana of all places. You were freezing your ass off and had stolen his hoodie a while ago. He had stopped to wait for you for a bit and smiled a toothy grin when you caught up.
"Sharky it's cold..." your voice broke the silence and he pursed his lips at you, "We'll stop in a minute, hun." His hand rested on your shoulder and you both proceeded to walk.

You had both discarded the fact that the Seeds were reigning terror in this place, all that mattered was that you were together; in your eyes. Sharky looked like a king in this situation; Either a king of stupidity or a king of fire- you hoped just fire.
"Sharky- this looks like a good spot to set up camp." You raised your brows at him as he looked around, "I reckon. You wanna set up the tent? I'm gonna go get some sticks, a'right?" You nodded and he disappeared into the woods; leaving you to set up the tent. He was gone for a good while before you began to get worried; though you could hear him coming back- and God at the sticks. He seemed to be wanting to make a bonfire. Which you objected to, very, very quickly. You both set up the sticks and dead leaves, making a typical 3 point fire.
He stood and patted his pockets several times before huffing,
"I ain't got my fire-starter on me."
Your eyes widened, "Are you sick? Since when do you not have something to cause fire on you?" He rolled his shoulders, "I'll just have to make a bow fire, it's fine."

And three hours later he was still trying to get a spark. You had began to doubt the whole 'king of fire' thing. You watched him each time his hands slipped and when his hand got cut you went to wrap his hand and scold him.
"Do you not have a lighter?"
"Nope. I coulda sworn I had my fire starter though." His brows knitted and you sighed, only cuddling up to him and snuggling your face into his neck.
"We'll be fine. Just a little cool."
He scoffed at that, "Theres a problem there, I'm always hot." He smiled at you and you both laughed together; he huffed at you and you smiled at him again,
"yeah, sure you are buddy."
You both laughed some more, before moving to the tent and snuggling closer again,
"God it's cold."
"I know..."
"Well... let's just cuddle it away."
When the morning finally came you woke up in a groggy way. Sharky was still sleeping, holding you with drool on his chin and even cheeks. You laughed a little to yourself and rested against him before getting up and stretching, shoving your hands into the pockets of his hoodie-

only to realise his fire starter was in it.
807 words