Petrichor Pt.1| Seeds

.A horror-based story, mostly an experiment.
.This will most likely have parts.
(Seeds x Reader)

There are things on this Earth that humans plainly aren't supposed to see.
Hope County was a large place and it held things that should have never been seen.
The Seeds were said to be the ones who kept these things at bay, wether or not this was true you didn't know; who'd believe in stories of monsters at the age of 34?
Who knew disbelief would bring you to where you were now?

-8:00 AM-
You woke bright and early, your head pounding a little bit from the alarm clock ringing in your ears. Joseph's sermon was soon, it'd be a good one [he had let you read over it the day before].
The Seeds were kind people and you couldn't understand why anyone would ever think to hurt them when they worked so hard.
Your outfit consisted of the normal church attire. A white button up with black pants and shoes; just like everyone else.
Not many people stood out from the cult, hair dye wasn't really allowed as the siblings had banned it a while back. Everyone was rather natural, even you. No, you weren't a sore thumb within a group of people- you blended in with the every day crowd. The Seeds stood out with their beaming eyes, so blue you could see paradise within them.
The Seeds were interesting people, with high heads and with postures of saints. You held a slight envy of them.
Your sides ached a little bit upon fixing yourself a little breakfast; eggs and bacon, nothing out of the ordinary. You ate and drank your tea, watching the clock; it's not a good idea to be late to one of The Father's sermons.
-10:00 AM-
The sermon had started about thirty minutes ago, Joseph had talked about family a few minutes ago; but what caught your attention was the mention of a camping trip- see, the Seeds had a camping trip every once a year. The special thing about this is that they'd draw names and take one person from the church; Their excuse for not taking too many was that there wasn't enough room for more then five in the vehicle- which was odd, if they were taking Joseph's SUV, but it'd make sense to take Jacob's vehicle instead. It was better for off-road.
You watched Joseph as he explained the rules for the trip, you knew he'd draw a name soon- and so you watched his hand as it laid in the little black satchel, you almost didn't hear him call your name, but your lips curled up as you grinned; it was an honour to go anywhere with the Seed siblings.
You grew excited quickly and after the Sermon Joseph came to greet you.
His hand rested on your cheek and he pressed his lips to your forehead in a kind gesture.
-12:00 PM-
The ride to the small camp site consisted of John pressing every last one of Jacob's nerves, Joseph telling them to cut it out, and Faith passive-aggressively knitting in the seat beside you. They were a normal family, you had realised, and they were all kind and sweet in their own special ways.
John was noisy, always with his hands near your thigh; you knew John could be a little suggestive at times, so you made no move to tell him to stop. He seemed to like that too, His toothy grin spreading ear-to-ear as he watched you, and it was a little unnerving. He let his hand linger on your thigh before Faith gave him a stern look, or at least as stern a look she could give him. Most of the ride was silent after that. The only thing you could hear was Joseph's humming as he read his book and the engine.
Joseph placed his bookmark into his book and shut it, turning in his sweat to look at the three of you in the back,
"Remember that there are wolves and bears, you don't want to have to go home early."
He glanced between you and John for a moment, "John, you best wait."
The statement confused you a little, but you could conclude it was because of John's impulses and sins. As he turned around you moved a bit to watch Faith, you honestly didn't know that she could knit, but it was relaxing to watch. It was easy to fall asleep in the vehicle.
-3:00 PM-
Waking up with your head on John's shoulder wasn't what you expected, though it seems like he had fallen asleep too. You rose to see that the other Seeds had already gotten out and were down the path at the campsite. You stretched some and unbuckled yourself, looking over you stared at John for a moment.
"John... John we're here..." you were surprised at how rough your voice was as you pushed John's shoulder a little bit, his electric eyes cracking open as he grabbed ahold of your hand, "Well... I won't be sleeping tonight." He gave you a tired chuckle before checking his watch and pushing the door open. You followed behind him, it smelled like petrichor out here- rain. It grew intense around the camp, but you only ignored it. The other Seeds had set up the camp, Faith was sitting in the grass a little ways away, Jacob was making a fire, and Joseph sat on a foldable chair reading.
Jacob turned his head to stare at both you and his brother,
"Did you two finally decide to wake up?" He almost had a teasing tone to his voice as John scoffed, "I'm just a good bed." He laughed at his own joke and went to set some of his stuff in one of the tents- there were three, and you hoped you weren't supposed to bring your own.
Going to help Jacob he raised a brow at you, "Now pup, why don't you go sit down somewhere?"
"Do you not want any help?" Your own brows raised as you watched him,
"I don't need any help, pup. Thank you." You could tell your offer was declined out of his own pride. That was okay though, you could find something to do. You decided that sitting next to Joseph would be the best option and he didn't seem to mind it either. You watched Jacob make the fire and almost jumped when the flames rose in a sudden spark.
-7:00 PM-
It was beginning to grow dark and you were surprised it wasn't black already. You had been told earlier you'd be sharing a tent with whoever of your choosing between Jacob and John, Faith was sharing a tent with Joseph already. Deciding to be on a safe side you picked John, as you couldn't trust Jacob not to choke you in his sleep, though you'd never say that to his face.
You had all eaten steak for dinner, John made it. Now you all sat together, resting from the meal.
Faith was the first one to go to bed. Joseph followed her soon after. They had both said that early to bed is better then going to bed late. Jacob had fallen asleep in his chair earlier, but you figured he'd wake up soon and get in his tent soon enough. You wanted to wait on John before going to bed, surprisingly he stayed up a little late before finally standing and heading to the tent with you on his heels. You crawled into the covers and blankets John had brought along, resting against the pillows he had brought.

You were dozing off until he joined you, his hand wrapping around your waist as he pulled you closer to him. He pressed his face into your shoulder as he kissed the back of your neck and sighed to you. You figured it was normal behaviour, but instead of pulling away you rolled over and snuggled into his chest, breathing softly. His arms encased you against his body and you felt his mouth pressing gently to your forehead and cheeks.
You almost gasped when he grabbed your thigh and pulled you uncomfortably closer, "John, stop we'll get in trouble." He hummed to you and kissed the underside of your chin, "It's just body heat, my dear."
Every part of you knew that he was lying, but it seemed he didn't plan to do anything farther then just holding you. Your body twitched each time he shifted his weight, or adjusted his position.
You could feel his nose pressing into your shoulder as he breathed you in, like a predator.
John always seemed like that kind of man anyways.
His hands ran up your sides and you watched him in the low light, shifting against his chest. He hummed in your ear before pressing a long yet soft kiss to your lips. You let him take the kiss from you and you could feel him grin as he pulled away from your face,
"We'll have fun tomorrow. All of us will."
Something about the tone of his voice made you uncomfortable as his free hand ran down your back. You pulled yourself closer to him and buried your face in his chest.
You didn't know why, but you had felt compelled to do so.