Daniel's POV

"Leah, you were a great time. You can leave now." I got off the bed and put my clothing back on. She gaped at me for a while and didn't leave like I told her to. But when I gave her my 'I mean it' death stare, she jumped up and whimpered away. I looked at the clock, 5:30 pm.

Right on schedule, the front door opened and in she wobbled. "Danny I'm home. How was your day, baby?" She smiled at me as I walked down the stairs to greet her.

"Hey, Gram. My day was good, how was yours? Do anything interesting?" I smiled back and helped her into a chair.

She sighed dreamily. "My day was quite the day. We had a lady come by the Center today, and she played wonderful music for us. Roger and I danced the whole day. He's such a sweet man."

I chuckled. "I'm glad you had fun, grandma." She turned on the tv and started watching The Golden Girls. I watched with her for a while, but then started to make dinner.

I've lived alone with my grandmother since a was little. I've never known my parents, it's always been just Gramm and I.

She knew I always got into trouble, but she didn't care. As long as I had average grades and had respect and behaved for her I was fine. She said I was just like my mother, always rebelling and breaking the rules. When she said that, it filled me with pride. From what I was told, she was a great person. Although she was wild, she was always there for others.

Honestly, I wish I could meet her. But she's gone. She died a few months after I was born. My father was gone too, but I could care less about him. He was the reason she was dead. Her blood was on his hands. He was abusive and dangerous. Had beaten the last breath out of my mother. He was sentenced to jail for life, but died a few years later.

Gramm took me in and raised me into the man I am today. She was the mother I never had. "Gramm, dinner's ready!"

As we ate, we talked about event going on around town. I told her about the haunted hayride at the school and she said she was excited to go. "Danny, you never told me how your date went yesterday. Jenny told me the girl was polite and beautiful too."

I coughed on my food. "It wasn't a date."

"Did you take her for dinner?" I nodded. "Did you two have fun?" I nodded again. "Did you pay?" I nodded one more time. "Then it was a date, young man." She smirked, knowing she had won. She was the one I had gotten my signature smirk from.

I sighed defeated. "Well Jenny was right, and I took her to the fair afterwords." I told her about the maze and cemetery, and how Mia got scared. "Then we got to the hayride," I told her about the vampire scene and how the kid took Mia. Ending, with the phone number incident and me taking her home, "and the night was ruined." I growled.

She laughed. "Sounds to me like jealously."

"No way."

She just smiled. "Well, are you hanging out again?"

I nodded. "Yeah, we're actually getting our costumes tomorrow." I was planning on taking Mia for costumes before the hayride-staff meeting.

"Am I going to ever meet this girl?" She asked excited.

I groaned. "Gramm, please. I only just started talking to the girl, she didn't even think I knew she existed over the years. Let me just get her to like me first."

She nodded, agreeing, and we continued with dinner.

Later that night, I thought about my conversation with Gramm. When I first ran into Mia in the hall, she thought I didn't know who she was. Sure, I didn't know her name, but I knew who she was.

I've seen her in classes and at parties. I thought she was hot, but never did she bat an eye at me. Didn't give me the time if day. When she walked into me that day, she finally talked to me. Instead of fear and lust, she looked at me like I was anyone else... and maybe some anger and disgust. She was different.

She entertains me, keeps me on my toes. Playing her would honestly be an accomplishment, but for some reason, I don't want to hurt her. I want to protect her, and keep her safe. That's why I took her to the diner. I only ever took my grandmother to that diner. She said it was my mothers favorite place to eat. But I honest felt safe enough to bring Mia there. Of course, Margaret did cause a scene, but it worked out okay.

Then, that vampire dork gave Mia his number. It honestly did kind of piss me off... Was Mia actually gonna call him? I mean, I was standing right there. It was kinda rude of him to do that in front of me....

Gramm was right, I actually do sound jealous.