Deal or No Deal

I haven't been to school in a week. Charlie and Molly come over to cheer me up and bring my school work, Andrew tutors me in the things I've missed, my father is coming later today, and my mom has been taking time off from work. I laid in bed, staring at the ceiling, with Lilli curled up at the end of my bed. She hasn't left the spot for hours, just laying there along with me.

All the days I laid in this bed in the past, just curled up in fear, too scarred for life to move. After that night, I had spent three weeks in the hospital with broken ribs, post traumatic stress, and depression. I wouldn't move; I wouldn't eat; I couldn't sleep. Every time I closed my eyes, the memories flooded back, hitting me like a ton of bricks. When I finally got home, I did the same only in my own home.

Now I feel like I'm doing the same. I haven't moved from this spot for days. The nightmares, which would usually be once every few days, were now every few hours. I couldn't sleep, I would just drown in pain and sadness. The post traumatic stress came back; I felt the pain from the memories as if they were real.

I've gotten a few texts, but haven't checked nor answered. But apparently Daniel cornered Molly on Tuesday and asked about me. My mom said her and my father have important matters to discuss with me, and invited Charlie, Andy, and Molly, too. But I'm just to empty and done with everything to care.

Few hours later....

"Okay, let's get straight to the point." My dad stood up. Andrew glared while everyone else just watched; he wasn't to thrilled he came back. "I have a proposition for you, and I think you should consider it."

"You don't have to say yes, though I prefer you did. Just consider it." My mom added.

"I think you should come live with me. You and you mother of course."

Andrew jumped up and slammed his fists on the table. "What?! You can't just take her away from us! She has to finish high school!"

My dad pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. "You would still see her. If you let me finish, you would understand. I only live, ten-twenty minuted tops, away from here. She would still be going to school with you and you guys can come whenever you want. But that little prick knows where she lives, he's been here. I think it would be safe to leave this house for a while, and stay with me."

Charlie stayed silent and Molly nodded agreeing. So my mom, dad, and Molly thought I should go. I looked at Andrew, silently asking if I should. Reluctantly, he rolled his eyes and nodded. I looked at Charlie, she nodded too. My dad looked to me with hope, "So, what'll it be?"

"Okay. I'll move in."

................................................................................................................................................................

Charlie and Andrew helped me pack while Mom and my dad packed everything else. "Seriously babe, when are you going back to school?" Charlie shoved my clothes in a box.

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders. I knew I had to, I just didn't want to. Andrew grumbled, "Seriously though, Mia. If Molly tells me one more time, that Daniel and his gang cornered her, I'm going to go insane!" Charlie shook her head disapprovingly.

I jumped on top of my bed and groaned. I'm moving in with my father...that's something I never thought I would say. I rolled over and found my phone lighting up with unread messages.

To be continued...