Rollerskating and Dancing in the Snow

Have you ever had a day where you're just sitting at home, bored and alone, then someone shows up at your door and rescues you from doing nothing? Yeah... "Get your shoes on, we're going somewhere." Daniel smiled as he walked back to his motorcycle.

-------

"Roller skating?" I laughed.

Daniel's eyes went wide. "Why, you don't like it? We could go somewhere else if you want. I mean there's some movies out or-"

"No, it's fine!" I shyly played with a strand of my hair. "I just don't know how to skate..."

He smiled and took my hand, leading me into the rink. "I'll teach you." He helped with my skates and put on his own. He rolled us out and dragged me around until I started to push on my own.

"Oh my god, I'm actually doing!" I got excited and ended up falling. He laughed and helped me up, telling me to be careful.

-----
After skating for a while, we went back to my house and found my parents waiting on the porch with a basket and my car keys. I raised an eyebrow and Daniel smirked. My dad tossed Daniel the keys and winked, my mom handed my the basket and kissed my forehead. Daniel led me to the car and opened the door for me, then headed towards the driver's side. "Daniel? Where are we going?"

He smiled and grabbed my hand while driving. "I'm not going to be cliche and say it's a surprise." I laughed. "But after Thanksgiving, Christmas music usually starts playing. So people and places decorate. Gramm and I went one year and it was beautiful. So I convinced your parents to let me take you. But seeing how it's 5 hours away, and when we get there it will be getting dark, we have permission to stay the night. And no matter how much I tried to prevent it from happening, your dad paid for the hotel." I smiled and shook my head.

"You never told me where we were going Daniel."

He looked at me with stars in his eyes. "We are going to Boston."

-------------

"Mia wake up, we're here." I was shaken awake and when I opened my eyes, I was met with lights and a snow covered ground.

The yellow lights twinkled, reflecting in Daniel's excited eyes. "Do you like it?" He smiled.

I nodded awestruck. "It's beautiful! I love it!" I embraced him into a warm hug. "Thank you." I whispered.

He returned the hug and rested his chin on top of my head. "No problem, love."

I laughed and pulled away. "Oh so you're British now?"

He replied with a smile and a wink, nothing more. He took me by the hand and lead me down the park's path. Through out the walk, Christmas music was played by musicians on the street. "So, tell me about yourself." He nudged my shoulder.

"Um, what do you want to know?" I nudged back.

He smirked. "Your deepest darkest secrets." I looked at him and rapidly shook my head. "No? Ugh fine." He whined. "Anything then."

I smiled at him. "Okay, where do I start? My name is Mia Evangeline Summers. The only people that ever call me that are my mom and Charlie, though. Um," I barked out a laugh, "I don't know!"

"Okay, how about this? I'll tell you something, and then you tell me something in return." I nodded. "Alright. So, nobody knows, just Gramm and now you. My middle name is Eugene."

I giggled. "Really?"

He laughed. "No! It's actually Eros. I just wanted to see your reaction."

I slapped his arm. "Jerk!" We continued laughing for a minutes until we went into a warm cafe across the street from the park. "So Eros as in the Greek god? Eros as in Cupid?"

He smirked and nodded. "Your turn, sweetheart."

"Um... my friends think I'm weird because I rather get lost in the woods then go to the beach. I don't know why, but I find the woods more relaxing."

He nodded and moved on to his turn. "Up until I was eleven, I would ask for a puppy everyday and Gramm would say no. So after I finished crying," I silently laughed, "I would give Gramm the silent treatment and talk to my imaginary puppy." He gave me an awkward smile as I stared at him in silence.

He was definitely getting a puppy for Christmas. No doubt about it.

I smiled at him and continued. "Before I had Lilli, I would always wander into the woods. One day I left, and came home with a snake." He bursted into laughter.

"Really?" I nodded. "What's Lilli's story anyways?"

"I actually found her as a puppy, in the woods too! I brought her home and my mom let me keep her so I wouldn't be alone when she was at work."

"Where was your dad?" he asked.

"Uh... he wasn't around." I answered quietly and sipped on my hot cocoa.

He smiled apologetically. "I don't have a mom or dad." He blurted.

"I'm so sorry..."

"Nah, it's fine. I don't really talk about it. My dad was an abusive son of a-" he took a breath and calmed down, "he killed my mom. But Gramm says I'm just like her. A rebel but respectful...sometimes." He chuckled sadly.

I grabbed him and gave him a hug. "Well she must of been amazing if she's anything like you."

----------------------------------------

After we finished our drinks, we went back to the park. Daniel led me to a gazebo, decorated with icicle lights and poinsettias. There was a band and people dancing inside.

Before we stepped inside we stopped. Daniel turned to me and smirked. He bowed and stuck his hand out saying, "May have this dance?"