Talking About Diego and Costumes

"So tell me about this Diego guy!" Charlie shook me by my shoulders. Molly squeaked and shook her head violently. I laughed at their enthusiasm.

"Okay, okay! So Daniel and I-"

"Wait! What do you mean Daniel and you?" Charlie's eyebrow rose as she crossed her arms.

I rolled my eyes. "Do you want to hear the story or not?" She sighed and nodded. "What I thought. Anyways, so we went to this haunted house and hayride and during the hayride there were skits. So we pulled up at a vampire skit, and the guy came up to me. So basically I became the victim, and he threw me over and brought me into the tomb thing. I was honestly kinda creeped out, but was around our age. So in the end he gave me his number."

Charlie was lost in thought while Molly squealed. "Oh em gee! Did you text him? Was he even cute? Was he tall? Oh please, tell me he was cute!"

"Uh, yeah. I guess he was cute. And yeah, I did text him." I smiled shyly.

"What's going on with you lately? I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but when things like that happen you calm up. You would usually never text a guy, a guy you just met none the less!" Charlie asked concerned.

I thought for a moment. "I honestly don't know. I just felt like taking a chance I guess." They smiled at me before the bell rang for next period.

Daniel had told me to meet him before last, so I was planning on looking for him I guess. Andrew suddenly pulled me back. "Mia, are you okay?"

"Yeah. I just," I thought about it, then smiled, "I guess I'm just feeling free. I'm fine, Andrew. Trust me." He nodded before walking off to class.

I searched the halls for Daniel and found him leaning against my locker. As soon as he saw me heading in his direction, he smirked and started towards me. He snaked an arm around my waist and started pulling me towards the front doors. Students watched in shock as Daniel walked me through the parking lot and up to his motorcycle. "Where are we going? We have class." I questioned.

He winked. "We, baby doll, are going for our costumes." He lifted me up onto his bike before sitting in front of me. "Hold on!" He yelled before speeding off, leaving the crowd of gaping student behind.

"So do I have to dress in ruffles and tight pants, or do I have to wear a cape?" Daniel whined as we walked through a costume shop.

I giggled. "Neither, actually. You can dress normally if you want. Honestly, if you wear your usual leather jacket with a dark shirt and jeans, you could go for the 'Vampire Diaries' vampire sort of look."

His face scrunched up in confusion. "Vampire what?"

"Vampire Diaries. It's a television show, quite good actually." A sales woman came out from behind an aisle. "Is there something I could help you guys with?"

"Maybe. He's playing a vampire and I'm playing the victim in our school event. Do you have any suggestions?" I informed.

She tapped a finger on her chin, thinking. "Well, seeing how you're going for a present time theme, just go for the normal clothes look. But add some makeup to make your features more visible and mysterious. And you could add some blood for effects." She spoke professionally.

We checked out with a bottle of fake blood, fangs, and makeup. When we got back to school, I got a couple glares from some while others watched with surprise. "Hey, I'm gonna put this in my locker. See you at the meeting." Daniel smirked before grabbing me in a hug, then walking away like it was normal. Confused, I scratched my head and walked down the hall on my own.