Chocolate and Potato Chips

Whore.
Ugly Slut.
Can't believe I was falling in love with a girl like you.

All weekend, I sat in the basement. Staying in the dark, watching movies, playing with the rest of the puppies, and eating chocolate-covered potato chips. I wanted nothing to do with anyone. I know my friends visited, but my mom knew better than to let them in with me in this state. Charlie knew better too, that's why she's hasn't come. She knows to give me time before making contact.

I'm like a grenade. I can explode at any moment; even with the slightest of movement. It's best to stay away from me when I'm like this, because either way, nothing is going to change my unresponsive state. Only I can change it, just not yet.

I picked up the puppy I named Oliver and placed him on my lap. The others soon ran to join him, not liking all the attention he was getting. My mouth twitched up a little, but went back down as my phone rang. I looked down to see a text from Andrew.

Hey Mia, are you well enough for a sleepover? We have ice cream... And twizzlers ;)

I frowned. I wasn't ready, but I have to be. I can't live my entire life hiding in the dark whenever I get hurt.
I texted back saying they could come over and I cleaned up my mess.

All of a sudden I was tackled to the floor. Someone lifted my attacker off me and I groaned. "God, you weigh a ton!"

"I do not!" Ronnie whined. My eyes widened and I looked up to find not just Charlie, Andrew, and Molly; but Tanner, Ronnie, and Vinnie as well. But not Jax.

Tanner reached out and helped me up. "What are you guys doing here?"

Andrew cleared his throat and waved. "I invited them. I knew you were friends with them, and they protected you when I-" Charlie elbowed him in the stomach and he grunted, "WE weren't there. So they're on our good side, I guess."

"Yay! Did you hear that guys, he likes us! He really likes us!" Ronnie squealed jokingly and rapped his arms around Andrew. Andrew rolled his eyes playfully and shoved him off.

"So  what are we watchin' hun?" Charlie plopped on the couch. I went to answer but was interrupted by of all the "bad boys" squealing at the sight of the puppies. They were suddenly all on the floor cuddling with the little balls of fur.

"Uh, why is everyone on the floor?" Jax finally walked in and stood by me.

"Puppies! Duh!" Tanner sassed.

"Um... Back to what I was saying. Well I was either going to have a Supernatural or Doctor Who marathon before, but I'm not really sure. But I heard Sinister was good?"

"Well then Sinister it is!" Charlie got up to put it in.

I sat on the couch, followed by Jax. We were silent for a while but Jax broke it. "How are you holding up?" I shrugged. Unexpectedly, he pulled me into a hug. When he pulled away he pointed at the bowl behind me. "What the hell is that?"

"Chocolate covered potato chips." I raised an eyebrow as he picked one up and ate it. I guess he liked them because he ended up eating the whole bowl.

The rest of the day we joked around, watched movies,and played video games. My parents allowed everyone to sleep over (they couldn't really say anything seeing how we were already asleep when they found us). But they cheered me up, I forgot about all of my problems and had fun. If only it could stay like that, you know?