I May Be In An Asylum, But I'm Not Crazy

Okay so I know I already wrote a nightmare thing and I lied about the whole canon time bit but my friend suggested this to me and I hope I'm doing it justice. Enjoy kids. TW for needles, self-harm references, and asylums.

Janis opened her eyes, an unusually bright white ceiling staring back at her, a single, fluorescent lamp hanging directly in the center. As she looked around groggily, her eyes fluttering open and shut, she slowly began to make out the details of her surroundings. Padded walls, as blindingly white as the ceiling. Emptiness, all except for an opaquely white, shut door and a second, open, narrow doorway leading to a toilet and sink. No food, no water. She could hear a faint ringing in her ears as she had fully woken up. This definitely wasn't her room. How could this have happened? She must have blacked out. But how? When? Why? Too many questions, her mind was failing to wrap itself around her situation. She didn't know how she got there, but all she knew was that the shut door was the way out and she needed to get out of this weird ass place as soon as possible.

Janis tried to sit up, struggling and flailing before feeling a thick, heavily buckled strap that was wrapped around her stomach, another around her ankles, tying them together, and one around each arm, all pinned against the bed.

"Hey! Let me out! Let me go!" Janis felt restrained, a feeling she loathed. Desperately, she tried to kick and scream as loud as she could, hoping she could either free herself or get someone to break her free. "Where the hell am I?!" she yelled. The ringing grew louder in her ears and her breaths were getting heavier and faster, the strap around her stomach tightening as her chest heaved. "I want out!" she screamed at the top of her lungs, her voice squealing and squeaking. Her screams were soon followed by a loud buzz as the lock on the door turned and the door cracked open slightly. A young, blonde woman, looking like a nurse, stepped in, her back turned to Janis as she shut the door.

"Miss Janis Sarkisian?" A strangely familiar voice asked. No, it couldn't be. The blonde curls that rolled down her back bounced as she turned, in a way that Janis remembered distinctly.

"No, Janis, you're literally going crazy, it can't be," she thought. But the cadence of the woman's voice broke the ringing in her ears. Janis thrashed harder.

"Hey, calm down!" the nurse yelled, turning around to face Janis. The second their eyes met, Janis knew instantly. She immediately stopped moving as a look of shock spread across her face. "Regina? Regina George?"

"How did you know my name?" Regina drawled innocently, startled.

"It's me, Janis Sarkisian. Doesn't it say so on your chart?" How could she not remember who Janis was? The pain she'd caused her for five whole years?

"Yes, you are, congratulations, you remember your own name. That's a lot farther than most patients here get."

"Patients? Where am I?"

"North Shore Mental Asylum. Someone who wishes to remain anonymous checked you in here. History of severe panic attacks, mental and emotional collapse, severe self-harm, showing signs of hurting yourself and others. You're gonna be in here for a while. And, before you ask, psych ward isn't gonna do enough for your case."

"No, no no no, wait, I remember, we went to school together before I...ended up here. North Shore High?"

"How did you know that?!" Regina paused briefly. "I think I'd remember someone like you at my school. You seem pretty...unique, to say the least."

"We were best friends! You're telling me you don't remember any of this?!"

Regina pulled out her radio, whispering into it sharply. "Hey, Dr. Hubbard, up the dosage on Sarkisian's meds. She's gonna need them."