I Would Kiss You On The Lips, But I Don't Wanna Infect You

Hi I just realized I forgot the a/n again whoops. Nothing super important for me to say other than this took forever to write and it's out early so good for y'all. Possible TW for anxiety and mentions of vomiting.
———————-———————-———————-———————-———————-———————-———————-
"I swear, Janis Heidi Sarkisian, I will press this button and call your girlfriend and demand she get her ass over here, no matter what you say."

"No, Damian! She can't come over here, please!" Janis spoke hoarsely and desperately.

"Jan, you're sick! Look at you! You're whiter than paper and you're holding onto your stomach like it's gonna fall off!" Damian yelled, pressing a hand to her forehead. "Jesus, girl, did you soak your head in molten lava this morning?!"

"Damian, I'm fine, I'm not sick, she can't know, please!" Janis knew just as well as Damian that she was definitely not fine, but there was no way she was going to admit it.

The last thing she wanted was for Cady to come over there and see her like this. Janis' anxiety just loves to tell her constantly that she's the worst person on the planet, that she doesn't deserve Cady, that she's nothing but a burden on her and there's literally no reason why Cady shouldn't just go back to being with Aaron because he's way better for her. No one wants an ugly, desperate lesbian, there's no reason why she should be complaining, but at the same time, what if she is dying and this isn't just a little bug and it's really some deadly disease and she's going to die in a matter of minutes? Damian knew exactly how to deal with this whirlwind of apprehension and self-deprecation, but with Cady, Janis just wasn't sure.

"Listen, I'd gladly stay here with you and take care of you in a heartbeat, but if I miss one more rehearsal, they're booting me out and replacing me."

"Why do they even have rehearsals on Saturdays? That's dumb."

"I know, sweet. But it's dress rehearsal. It's required or else they tarnish your reputation and you can never get a lead role again."

"What the hell is wrong with theater people?!" Janis exclaimed, trying her best to sound angry, but it's hidden within a haze of sickness.

"I'd take offense to that, but you're sick, so I'll let it slide. You don't want me getting sick either, do you?"

"Last time I had to take care of you, you almost passed out right on top of me."

"And we don't want that happening again now, do we?"

Damian's immune system was like steel, but on the off chance he comes into contact with someone as sick as Janis was, all hope was lost. When Damian gets sick, he gets sick. And that would make Janis feel like she's personally responsible, somehow making her feel like a shittier person than she already thought she was.

"I'm calling her." Damian stated flatly.

"Damian...don't make me-" Her words were cut off by a small coughing fit and a few accompanying moans as she collapsed back onto her couch.

"It'll be good for you, hon, I promise." Damian whispered soothingly.

Janis said nothing, staring pathetically up at him and awaiting the inevitable as the dial tone rang.