I'm Gonna Run To You

TW for self-harm and mentions of suicidal thoughts.

A rare panda putting up content has been spotted. So I thought I'd try something new let me know if you like this or hate it. This is loosely based off the TV show "Girls". The song is "I'm Gonna Run to You" by Bridgit Mendler.
————————————————————————————————————————————————

If there's an ocean

Vast, beautiful, crystal blue waters. But underneath lurks something more. More dangerous, more horrifying. More deadly. An ocean of pain.

It's just a puddle

"It's going to be okay. You didn't do anything, did you?" Cady's begging and pleading, the blurry image of Janis on FaceTime shifting unsteadily.

That I've got to get across

Bright red lines down her legs. Eyes wide with fear and hurt. She's got to get to her somehow.

Any mountain, I'll climb over

Her parents would kill her for sneaking out. She can't take the car, it's too late for that.

Like a kid on the monkey bars

It's times like these when she wishes she could fix everything, restore the innocence that was robbed far too soon.

I know you're out there somewhere

Far away, down the dark, gloomy streets. Crying on her bathroom floor. The camera's shaking.

I know you miss me just like I miss you

It's been too long since they've really talked. Not since that day. She could've called Damian, her mom, someone who deserved her trust. But she called Cady.

No matter what, I'll get there

Cady couldn't just leave her there. Not when she's like this. No matter what they've been through, what kind of monster would leave her?

And you know I'll never stop

"I'm on my way."

I'm gonna run, run, run, run, run

Running faster than she ever has before.

I'm gonna run to you

Feet pounding on the asphalt.

I'm gonna run, run, run, run, run

Heart thumping out of her chest.

I'm gonna run to you

She has to make it.

You know I'll find you, I'm never far behind you

"Stay with me, please."

I swear these words are true

"You're gonna be okay, I'm coming, stay right there."

I'm gonna run, run, run, run, run

"I'm going as fast as I can."

I'm gonna run to you

She needs to make it.

Can you hear me? Hear me calling?

Still there. Crying into her knees, but still there. If she's still there, she can't go get the pills.

I know sometimes it's tough

The pills that she so desperately wants to take.

To hold on, keep believing

"You're brave, Jan. You're really brave, just hang on."

When you don't feel strong enough

She can't do it, she's falling too fast.

Everyone out there gets scared

Shaking so much, wishing she could curl up and die and it'd all be over.

You know I love you

Cady does love Janis...or at least she thinks she does.

Just like you love me

Maybe Janis loves her too.

No matter what, I'll get there

But she'll never know until she gets there.

Ain't no way I'll ever stop

Has to keep going.

I'm gonna run, run, run, run, run

No matter how much her feet feel like they need to be cut off.

I'm gonna run to you

No matter how much her chest hurts, how little oxygen is getting into her lungs.

I'm gonna run, run, run, run, run

No matter how much she just wants to turn around.

I'm gonna run to you

She has to keep going for Janis.

You know I'll find you, I'm never far behind you

"Don't hang up, Jan. Just breathe. It'll all be okay."

I swear these words are true

She has to make Janis think she's telling the truth. But is she? How could she say to breathe when the oxygen is escaping her own lungs with every step she takes? How could she say she'll be okay after all the shit she's been through. How could she give her that sort of false hope?

I'm gonna run, run, run, run, run

The sort of false hope that burns as much as Cady's chest is now. She absolutely can't promise that to her.

I'm gonna run to you

All she can do is keep going.

Every minute I'm getting closer

"I'm almost there, Jan, I'm almost there."

I'm gonna show you any second

Finally turning onto Janis' street.

I'll walk through that door

Climbing in through the window. Running to the bathroom door. Banging on the door, knocking harder than she's ever knocked on anything in her life.

Here I come, yeah, oh, here I come

The door clicks open. She made it.

I'm gonna run, run, run, run, run

No more running. Collapsing with her on the floor.

I'm gonna run to you

Pulling her in tightly. Letting her cry herself an ocean of tears.

I'm gonna run, run, run, run, run

The tears never seem to stop. They run down her cheeks, trickling faster than she can wipe them away. But Cady waits, catching her breath in the meantime.

I'm gonna run to you

She cleans and bandages every cut with more love in her heart than she ever thought was possible to have. Hugs her until Cady feels even more numb than she was before.

You know I'll find you, I'm never far behind you

No matter what, she kept going. Somehow she made it. Somehow she was found when she needed it most.

I swear these words are true

"I love you, Jan."

I'm gonna run, run, run, run, run

"I love you too." A tighter hug. And with that her mind is set. Whenever Janis needs her,

I'm gonna run to you

she'll always come running.