Janis Isn't A Lesbian...Or Maybe She Is

Hey hey have some gay lovely children. I started this weeks ago and like just found it so I finished it because why not. TW for homophobic slurs.
———————————————————————-

"Janis is a space dyke!"

The taunts rang in Janis' ears over and over from the moment someone had scratched it into her locker with a key. The indelible carving that will be all she amounts to for the rest of her life. At such a young age, her entire life had been defined by a cruel label. She's no longer the tough girl who once beat up a whole group of jocks singlehandedly, not the diligent, prestigious artist she dreams of becoming, not a person who's worth being around. Just a miserable, pathetic space dyke.

"No. I'm not a space dyke and I'm going to prove it," Janis vowed to herself. She desperately sought out any opportunity to do so, until one day she collided with a short Indian boy in the middle of the hallway, knocking his math binder open and sending papers flying out left, right, and center.

"Oh, God, I'm so sorry, let me help you!" Janis says as she bends over to start to collect the papers.

"Nah, don't worry about it, hot stuff."

"Excuse me?"

"I'm Kevin Gnapoor, captain of the North Shore Mathletes," he says as he hands Janis a small white business card out of the mess of papers. "I also DJ and I designed that font, so...what's your name, girl?" He raises an eyebrow quizzically as he pretends to wipe dust off his shoulders.

"Oh, uh, I'm Janis...Janis Sarkisian."

"You Puerto Rican?"

"Lesb-, I mean...Lebanese. Why?"

"Aight, that's spicy! Listen, you seem like a pretty tight chick. What do you say to you and me grabbing a smoothie or somethin' after school?"

Lightbulb. Janis knows it's wrong to use people for her own benefit, that isn't fair. But he proposed the idea, and maybe it would work. Maybe he could make her straight. Maybe he could reverse everything, prove them all wrong. It's just Kevin, he doesn't seem like that bad of a guy. Maybe it would work. Maybe.
—————-—————-——————————-—————-—————-—————————————
Janis learned quickly that it absolutely did not work.

Every time Kevin would shove his thick, slimy tongue down her throat, she nearly threw up on him. At first she thought it was just one hell of a gag reflex, but a growing inkling at the back of her mind thought something else. But Janis really didn't want to give in to said inkling. So she kissed him harder and harder, hoping to feel something. Anything. She tried absolutely anything to convince herself that Kevin was attractive, that kissing him was satisfying, that she was straight, that Regina was wrong, that everyone's wrong. But she can't. No matter how hard she kisses Kevin, how hard she kisses any guy, nothing works.

She's about to break things off with Kevin at their dinner date that night when she finds a silver ring around one of the tines of her fork and Kevin sitting confidently across the table.

"Yo, listen, we've been doing this for a little while, so how's about we make this," he says as he gestures back and forth between the two of them, "a thang? I got ya a super lit promise ring from my cousin Julio, totally legit 10k." He puckers his lips, ready and waiting for her, but her own lips didn't reciprocate. "What's up, J-Dawg? You're not hitting me up with those fire lips."

"I just...Kevin, I...this was really sweet and all, but...I can't, I can't do this anymore."

"Whaddya mean?"