Why Do You Have So Many Plastic Bags In Your Backpack?

Hey wow look a rare bout of motivation has been spotted and my sleep schedule is officially down the drain but WHO CARES YOU GET CONTENT! A LOT OF CONTENT BECAUSE I FEEL BAD FOR THIS BEING LATE! TW for repeated slurs, really graphic vomiting and a really quick but obvious self-harm reference.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

"Caddy, I don't know about this," Janis mutters, staring out the cafeteria window at the intimidating yellow school bus.

"Jan, I promise it'll be fine. It's just a 40-minute bus ride, and then we'll be at the Art Institute of Chicago! Come on, you've been looking forward to this field trip for months!" Cady bounces up and down on her heels. Although she doesn't enjoy art nearly as much as Janis does, she's still looking forward to the trip, since art makes Janis happy and that's all that matters to her at that moment.

Janis can't help but smile slightly at her eager girlfriend, her auburn curls bouncing elegantly as she tries to match Janis' height. "I know, I'm really excited for when we get there, don't get me wrong, it's just..." Janis' voice trails off as she pulls back the sleeve of her jacket, exposing travel sickness bands around her wrists. She adjusts them meticulously, double-checking that they're on correctly.

"What are those?" Cady asks innocently.

"They're these bracelet things that...keep me from getting sick on buses and cars and boats. They press on this nerve and are supposed to stop you from feeling nauseous. My mom got them for me after I threw up, like, five times in the backseat of her brand new minivan when I was 9." Janis' face reddens with embarrassment as she adjusts the bands again.

"Jan? You're getting kind of frantic with those, are you okay?" Cady's facial expression shifts to one of concern as she cups Janis' chin in her hand and lifts it to distract her from the bands.

"Yeah...they...they have to be on right, like, just right, or they don't work at all for me," Janis presses a finger gently on top of the bands, trying to secure them in place even though there's nothing to secure them to.

"Baby, you'll be fine, if you keep moving them, they're not gonna work. The bus ride is just 40 minutes. 40 there and 40 back. Jan," Cady says, taking Janis' slightly sweaty hand in hers, "You'll be okay, I promise, the roads aren't that bumpy, it'll be fine."
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
It was most certainly not fine.

In fact, probably as far as one could get from fine.

The first 40 minutes to the art museum felt like 40 years.

And what made it a million times worse was that Regina, in her usual bitchy way, decided to take her seat with Shane Oman directly behind Cady and Janis, and when they weren't shoving their tongues down each other's throats, they were making Janis' bus ride more hellish than it already was.

"God, space dyke, are you seriously cuddling with your little girlfriend? You two dykes are utterly disgusting."

"There's plenty of other open seats on this bus if you guys can't take this," Cady snapped back.

"On the contrary, I think I'm enjoying this little show. It's only a matter of time before those cuddles turn into something more," Regina drawled.