mix

Arianna

"You know wassup wit Babyjoe? We ain't talk in a while" I told Kentrell, texting Babyjoe for the 4th time today.

"Yeah he always act out this time of year" he mumbled, fixing his couch concussions. I'm guessing him and Jania had a little fun on em last night cause "Kentrellllllllll Ooooouhll" was all I heard last night.

Mental note to self: don't sit on the black couch.

"Why?" It better be a good reason cause I don't text no nigga more than twice. I sat down next to him, this time scrolling on Instagram to see if he was active in a while.

"His uncle died dis month, 3 years ago .. only fatha figua he had"

"Awe. I didn't know and I just cursed him out for not answering" I was beginning to feel bad but damn if he told me this information I wouldn't have done all this.

Kentrell agreed to watching his own kids for the rest of the day so I can go check up on my baby.

It's been almost 4 months with Babyjoe and I'm attached to him already.

When he came home from jail it's like our bond got stronger. He's willing to bust a nigga head for me. How could I ever turn my back on him?

A boy that looked like him without as many tattoos and longer dreds answered the door but I got straight to the point "Hey, um is Babyjoe home?"

The boy titled his head, questioning me "Who you?"

"Arianna"

He smiled "Oh you the one. How did I forget that? I knew you looked familiar"

"I better be the one" I chuckled. I realized it was his little brother Tyler, the one I met the day of his court case.

"Yeah he upstairs. Second room on your left"

I walked in, following the directions. I knocked and didn't get an answer so I twisted the knob walking in. There he laid in his bed in just boxers and socks.

"Hey boo" i sat down on his bed, he sat up.

"Why you here?" He asked, I could tell it wasn't to be rude. Just seemed like one of those 'i don't wanna be bothered' days and joe doesn't have too many of those.

"Just checking up on you. I miss you and I got worried"

"Worried?" He chuckled dryly "If somethin happens to me it was ma time"

I sucked my teeth "Stop talking like that"

Him, Kentrell and nem all talk like death coming they way and they just don't care. I hate that shit.

Life and Death is in the power of the tongue!

Babyjoe

She really came over just to see me. Ain't never had nobody do that before. Never had a real girlfriend before either. Had plenty of hoes, they wanted dick or weed though. With Arianna I don't feel like her intentions are to use me.

Damn got a nigga in his feelings and shit. I ain't no soft ass nigga either.

"You ain't answer me I got scared cause I know you be in these damn streets" she flocked her shoes off getting comfortable in the bed.

I avoided eye contact with her the whole time, "Gotta get it how I live"

"That shit scare me. I don't want nothing to happen to you"

"Why you gone be scared? You a gurilla rememba"

"I don't want nothing bad to happen to you because you mean something to me"