add

Kendell | Lil Ken

"Kendell you don't speak no more?"

I turned around, stopping to see Layla and another girl with her. Layla was my first girlfriend.

It was a middle school thing, nothing serious.

I was hoping she didn't recognize me or at least speak.

"I see ..niggas get a lil girlfriend and don't know nobody" she joked, making her friend laugh. Zoey crossed her arms not saying a word.

"It ain't even that Layla" I chuckled nervously knowing I was gone hear Zoey mouth after this.

She walked up to me hugging me "Tell yo brother I said hey"

It was the most awkward 4 seconds of my life feeling Zoey burns holes in the side of my head.

"Aight", she released me from the hug and we went on our separate ways. On the walk home I noticed Zoey was quiet, not saying a word.

Before we bumped into Layla it was all smiles and chit chat now.

We had a lil date at the cafe not too far from here. I offered to drive but she insisted on walking which I didn't mind because it grants us more time to enjoy ourselves.

We stopped across the street from an old church waiting on the light to turn green "Why you ain't speaking all of a sudden?"

"It's nothing. You and ole girl was cute" she pursed her lips together as the light changed for us to cross the street.

I sighed "Here we go"

"Go where? I'm boolin baby" she said calmly like she meant it. I know her blood was boiling she always ready to pop off on any female that breathe the same air as me.

"Zoey why you always get like this?"

"Because .. " She stopped walking thinking about it for a second. Then shrugging "you don't get it"

By now I could tell that shit was bothering her because she shutting me out.

"That's why I want you to talk to me. We was having a good day until 5 minutes ago"

"Damn. When I'm screaming and yelling at you or some girl over you it's 'ZoEy YoU'Re cRaZy' but when I shut down it's still my fault. I can't win"

Next week we make a year, i swear i should be used to this by now. "You think I care about her more than you?"

"That's not the thing. You're so joe wit these females but if I did the same you would be on my ass" She sighed as We approached my house "We were having a good day let's not ruin it"

"I'm trying not to", i dug in my pocket for the key.

"Alright stop talking to me", that's always the last thing she say before she get mad mad.