Chapter 6: Gone

"Raven actually left town for a few years. She's back now, but you should really go see her, Yoongi. She's.... different now."

Yoongi made eye contact with the woman who spoke. His mind race with worry.

Did something happen?

Is she ok?

The worry seeped into his eyes, his shoulders got tense. He decided to clarify her words.

"What do you mean by different?"

The others could tell, Yoongi was clearly worried. The fact that his worry is so clear made them realize how much his sister means to him. The group of woman smiled reassuringly, the woman who spoke put a hand on his arm.

"A few years, maybe 3 or 4, she started to show interest in religion. You and Raven were always the type to not believe something until you see it. To us, it was weird. Suddenly, your parents started saying that Raven wanted to leave town and travel for a bit. They obviously said no, the girl doesn't have any knowledge on fighting at all. But she wasn't going to let them stop her. One morning, we were all awaken by a loud scream from your parents' house. It turns out that Raven left on her own. It took her about five years, right before Alice was born, until she came back. When she came back.... she was more religious than ever before. No one has any idea what happened on her travels, we are all very worried about her."

Yoongi scrunched up his nose in thought.

Did their parents force her into the religion?

He would have to find out on his own.

Jimin, on the other hand, was confused. He didn't quite understand the dynamics of Yoongi's family, all he knew was Yoongi, isn't religious at all. It is not like he does not believe in the gods, he does, he just doesn't spend his entire life worshipping them. From his judgement, he can tell that Raven is a good person, but she is deeply religious. According to what he has heard from others during his time in Daegu so far, Raven basically runs the town. She stops fights and helps the magistrate come up with fair rules for the town to follow. It makes him wonder though.

What happened during her time away from Daegu?

Hyuk hated a lot of the people in town. They beg for his approval, and it just annoys him. He had to run away from a group of people trying to buy his favor with candy. Now, don't get him wrong, he loves candy, but he loves his teeth. Hyuk managed to get himself lost in the town though. He never realized how the streets weave together like spider webs. Now he is in a woman's garden, hiding from said woman in the bushes.

Why did he have to be born a prince? Why couldn't he just be born as a frog?

He hopes she doesn't notice him, he doesn't want yet another person trying to give him candy.

"I know where you are."