Chapter 33: Brother

The innkeeper's tired face greeted the group in their rooms, informing them of dinner time. He soon left, not caring if they ate at all.

Yugyeom made a face, unhappy with the treatment they were receiving.

"Why is he so down? You would think he would love all the business he is getting. We just barely booked this room in time!"

Raven sighed, giving Yugyeom a little nudge. The war between the four kingdoms may have been giving the man business, but he cannot keep up with all the requests. Many refugees from towns pour in everyday, hunting for a place to stay. Those who got rooms, the rich folks, forced others into the streets, begging for money.

War life is tough, no matter who you are.

"Yugy, don't stress about him. The innkeeper probably has a lot more going on than we know, so don't judge him too harshly."

"...Fine. I won't. Say, Raven, what are we going to do about Yoongi? He is obviously corrupted and needs help."

Raven fell silent, a grimace appearing on her face. All of them looked at her, a sense of understanding flowing in the air. Youngjae, who sat beside her, placed a hand on her back, comforting her.

"He needs to be purified. That's the only way I can help him. Yoongi has been becoming corrupt for a long time, I just think my... disappearance, sent him deeper into the corruption. I don't quite have the ability to purify him though..."

Jackson tilted his head in confusion. Doesn't she have the power to purify all corruption, even the most deep-rooted corruption?

"What do you mean? I thought you could purify all types of corruption?"

"I can... but there are consequences to some. For example, the woman controlling you guys, she passed out. Her type of corruption can be easily purified without much consequences to the person themselves. If I purify Yoongi, in the stage I am in right now, I would kill him. Though, I doubt I can purify him at all without killing him..."

Raven's eyes teared up a bit. Youngjae held her, the others soon joining him.

"We will figure this out. We can save him, somehow."

Raven nodded, wiping her eyes dry.

The only way I can save him is to kill him.

It was the horrible truth.

Yoongi cannot be saved.

The corruption suffocates his soul, destroying it more and more each day.

The only hope for him, the only salvation, is his death.

She isn't ready to think about it, not now.

For now, she needs to focus on the temples remaining.

By evening, Raven should have the Blessings of the three gods of Time; Pah, Wala, and Time.

With their power, she can slow the spread of corruption in his body, potentially saving him.

I mustn't. Slowing his corruption just delays the inevitable...

Stop. First, the temple. Then, the main war. Then, Sera. AND then, Yoongi. Focus, Raven, focus.

Death to the beloved brother.

May he finally rest.