Chapter 12: Let go

Sometimes you just have to let go.

Yoongi had to do that when he left. He had to let Raven go. Raven had to do the same. It pained the both of them, the townspeople knew that.

They just never realized how bad it was.

Raven and Yoongi hide their feelings really well, mostly due to their upbringing. Yoongi is normally seen stone-faced in public, while Raven would fake a smile. They hate worrying people, it is really just who they are. They would rather deal with the problem by themselves.

They especially do not tell each other the issue.

Which is why when Raven told Yoongi that she wanted to leave Daegu, it confused him. He knows that she knew that he was going to worry about why she wanted to leave so much. Yoongi could tell just by looking at her that it wasn't because of their parents.

No, it had to something else.

No one in town knows why she wants to leave. It was obvious to everyone that she does not want anyone to know. Not even her own brother.

Surprisingly enough, no one has noticed the small signs of who Raven actually is. To be quite frank, Raven is the Golden One of this era. The only reason why she is able to control her powers from Lumina is because of that sole fact.

The Golden One isn't this all powerful, all knowing being. No, they are a human being, they can't possible know everything in the world. Not even the gods know everything, they know most things, but not every minuscule detail.

The Golden One goes through ten stages:

1. The Beginning
As it implies, this stage is when they are first starting out as the Golden One. This stage starts at birth, and ends when they reach ten to twelve years old. The Beginning stage is mostly just their childhood and where they develop their basic morals. Most Golden Ones train during this time so their bodies can handle the introduction of the Blessings.

2. Sight
The Sight stage happens when they get their first Blessing. They start seeing where the heaviest amount of corruption is. The Golden One comes down with a bad illness, due to the introduction of the Sight. This stage happens around 15 years old. Finding the temples can take years to do, which is why most Golden Ones do not get their first Blessing until 15 years old. When a Golden One develops their Sight, it is clear to see that they are the Golden One. They would start acting strangely, constantly looking around. Also their eyes would glow slighty in the dark. It is not as noticeable as it sounds. Those who are specially trained, like Yoongi for example, would see it instantly. At this stage as well, the Golden One would experience moments of blindess for a few days after developing the Sight. Their eyes simply have to get adjusted to the new things they are seeing.

3. Journey
The Journey stage is one that the Golden One will stay in for years. This is when the Golden One officially embarks on the Pilgrimage. The Pilgrimage will cause the Golden One to grow as a person, and train more. A Golden One typically leave this stage closer to their thirties.

4. The Elemental Gods
The Elemental Gods are critical to the Golden One's journey. Without them, life travelling would be much more difficult. There are four elemental gods: Aja (Earth), Nu (Water/Oceans), Grannus (Fire), and Shu (Air/Skies). After recieving these four blessings, the Golden One gets extremely ill. So ill to the point that they cannot walk anymore. It takes them weeks to recover, and some never did. After recovery, their Sight will increase significantly. They will be able to see almost all corruption. Not only does their Sight increase, but they become more agile too. How agile they are after recovering entirely depends on how agile they were before. It doesn't mean that the Golden One is able to dodge everything. No, keep in mind that they are human. There is only so much their bodies can do. They can dodge slighty better and run a bit faster than a normal human. Their agility is just above that of a normal guard. This time is also when the mark of the Golden One becomes visible.