Chapter 32: Reunion

Taehyung watched the siblings embrace, tears also flowing. As soon as they separated, Taehyung practically tackled her.

"I knew you were alive..."

He let her go, allowing her to step back. She wiped her tears off, smiling.

"Taehyung."

Taehyung tilted his head, confused.

"Yes, Ray?"

Raven reached behind her, pulling Sora and Yumi forward. Sora had a hand over her mouth, sobs shaking her body. Yumi pushed her hood back, innocent eyes burning holes into Taehyung. Taehyung collapsed to his, grabbing ahold of Yumi's small shoulders.

"Y-Yumi. Oh my gods, Yumi! My baby girl!"

He pulled Yumi into a warm embrace, sobs escaping his mouth. Sora knelt down, pushing her hood back as well. Taehyung's eyes widened, an arm shooting out to pull her into the hug as well.

"Sora!"

Raven smiled at the sight, happy to see Taehyung with his family again. Tessa whipped away some tears, leaning her head against Raven's armored shoulder. Her mother cried, the touching moment reaching her heart. Her father hugging her mother, planting small kisses on the top of her head.

The small family pulled away, Taehyung whipping away their tears.

"What happened to you guys? I have spent months searching for you."

Sora smiled, turning towards Raven.

"Thank Raven. She saved everyone in this group from a horrible bandit selling people off. Before then, I was taken to some area just outside Seoul, but I think you got too close to finding it. They moved me to Aria, but some bandits had attacked and captured Yumi and I. I was planning on staying in the town we were in before then, just until we had enough supplies, but I couldn't. Yumi wanted go home, and so did I, so here we are."

Taehyung jumped up, tackling Raven again.

"Oh my gods."

Everyone laughed as Raven patted his back. His normally deep voice reduced to a whisper.

"Thank you for giving me my family back."

"...Anything for my best friend."

He squeezed her, causing a squeal to come from her.

Jimin stood off to the side, a fond smile resting on his face. His arms crossed over his chest, scrunching up his silver and gold embroidered suit. Hyuk bounced next to Jungkook, wanting to run over to Raven. Raven's eyes fell on Hyuk, him taking it as a sign to charge her for a hug. He wrapped his small arms around her legs, squeezing tightly. She let out a laugh, kneeling down to give him a proper hug.

"Hyuk! You have grown a lot since I last saw you. Have you been treating your brother well?"

Hyuk nodded, giving her a gummy grin.

"I've been the best brother, right Jimin?"

Jimin chuckled, walking over to the two. He rubbed Hyuk's head, causing him to whine.

"Yes you have been.... except for the time you stole my cupcake."

Hyuk protested, punching his leg lightly. Jimin laughed, giving Raven a quick side hug. He leaned close to her ear, his whisper barely audible. Yoongi noticed Raven stiffening, raising an eyebrow.

Something is up...

She shook her head, whatever he said she strongly disagreed with.

"We have to go. I have a temple to see! Sora, Yumi, I'm assuming you are staying here with Tae?"

Sora nodded, having stood up. Taehyung draped his arm around her shoulder, the other occupied by a resting Yumi.

"If it is alright with the prince that is..."

Jimin smiled, allowing Sora to stay with them.

"I don't mind. I enjoy seeing Tae so happy."

"...Thank you. Boys, protect her, ok? We cannot afford to have such a bright light snuffed out again. And Raven... come back alive."

Raven smiled, waving the mother goodbye.

"Don't worry about me. It wouldn't be the first time I escaped death."

As she started to walk away, Yoongi grabbed her arm. Corruption oozed off of him, causing her powers to act up.

"Please... don't leave me."

Raven froze, her eyes softening.

"Yoongi... I have to go. I promise to meet you back here ok? And then we can travel back to Sera, together."

Corruption came off of him in small waves, causing Jackson to surge forward. He placed a comforting hand on his back, a smile creeping to his lips.

"We will protect her. We promise."

Yoongi looked at him, eyes locking onto his. The corruption waves died down, but still remained. He let Raven go, his arm falling defeated to his side. Jackson and Mark led Raven away, while the others enclosed them in a circle.

That interaction meant only one thing.

Yoongi is now a source of corruption...

A blood oath turned sour.

Corruption feeding his fire power.

Light almost snuffed out.

Time bending, nearing the fallout.

Give him hope.

Be his rope.

His chain.

To humanity.

Long live the Golden One.

Your days are numbered.