Chapter 18: Goodbye

It was difficult for Yoongi to understand why Raven wants to leave. She loves Daegu, despite all the negative memories that are here. Was she just tired of Daegu? Or did their parents do something?

He doesn't know, and he has a feeling he won't know the full truth quite yet.

They sit in Raven's house, after the eventful day at the square. Raven made them some tea to soothe their nerves. It was peaceful. Until Raven spoke up.

"I want to leave Daegu."

Everyone's head snapped to her. Raven calmly sat there, sipping away her tea.

"Why?!"

Yoongi was panicking. A thousand thoughts ran through his head at the speed of light.

"I want to do some research on the temples and gods residing in them. I cannot possibly do that here, I have already gone through all the books at the library. I found nothing. I think I need to go to the library in Busan."

Jimin perked up instantly, nodding his head.

"There is ---"

A loud, frantic knock was heard on the door. As fast as she could, Raven opened it. Standing there was a man panting.

"We... are... under... attack..."

"Calm down. What is going on? Who is attacking us?"

Raven soothed the man, her gentle words reaching him. He nodded. The others immediately stood up and moved to assess the situation.

"It's the Normals. They are attacking the Blessed. We need to get you and everyone else out of here."

Raven nodded, gripping her dress tightly.

She isn't prepared to deal with this.

Couldn't they have waited until after she got her armor on?

Jimin and his guards made way to the man.

"Allow us to help. We can probably diffuse the situation."

Jimin's princely side is showing. How cute.

Ugh. Why.

"Raven. Get out of here now. We cannot risk losing you. Hyuk, go with her. Protect her, ok?"

The ten year old nodded, taking out his knife. He grabbed ahold of Raven's hand, pulling her away from the door.

"I need to get some stuff first. Let's go Hyuk."

Raven rushed upstairs to her room, picking up a bag she always has packed for travelling. It contained all the she needed. She and Hyuk rushed to the group of fleeing people.

That was when a group of Normals attacked them. Raven, being Raven, immediately defended Hyuk using her powers. Many Normals were tied up in white chains, lifting them up. Hyuk helped as well, slashing at any person coming near her back.

It was obvious.

They were outnumbered.

Raven finally had enough.

Hyuk was tired and injured.

Her hometown was on fire.

And she was sick and tired of all the hate.

"I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!"

The earth shook at her words. She glowed bright, like the sun. Her power overflowing. Yoongi and Taehyung sensed what was happening, turning in the mist of their battles towards Raven's direction

"NO!"

"DON'T DO IT RAVEN. YOU WILL DIE!"

Suddenly a bright light encompasses the area.

And just like that.

It was gone.

And the girl who caused...

Well...

She is no longer with us.

The battle between the Blessed and the Normals halted. Yoongi ran towards Raven's lifeless body. Her body still glowing slightly.

"Raven. No. Don't go. You can't leave me. You are all I have left. Please..."

Tears ran down his face. His voice broken, like his heart. He buried his head into Raven's chest, sobbing. Taehyung fell to his knees.

"She still had so much to live for. To do. We need Raven. Now she is gone. Why... Please gods, this must be a joke. Please let it be a joke..."

Taehyung sobbed loudly, holding his heads. Soon many others joined in, all trying to comfort each other.

Just like that, the Golden One is gone.

She has left our world.

For a better one.