Chapter 7: Meeting

Hyuk panicked, debating on running away. No, he is a man, he has to face his problems. Hyuk came out of the bushes, scared out of his mind.

"H-hello miss. I'm sorry to have barged in on your garden. I'll leave now."

Hyuk turned on his heels and started to make his way out of the garden when she spoke up.

"There is no need for you to leave. You are running from the crowd, no? You can hide here if you want to. I don't bite."

Hyuk looked at the woman, finally meeting her eyes. He noticed how incredibly blue her eyes were and the kindness that shines brightly in them. She reminded him of his mother, kind and gentle.

"I wouldn't want to intrude..."

She smiled brightly, shaking her head.

"No, you aren't intruding my dear. Come sit and have some tea. I am sure you are exhausted from the running you did."

She patted the seat next to her. Another cup of tea sat there, waiting to be filled with the sweet green tea. Hyuk smiled, shuffling over to the kind woman's side. He extended out his hand for a hand shake.

"Hello, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Hyuk."

She returned his handshake, the beautiful smile never leaving her lips. He felt comfortable near her, as if he was with his mother. Hyuk did not feel the need to have his guard up so high.

"Hello, Hyuk. My name is Raven. It is an absolute pleasure to meet you. Feel free to come to me for anything."

Raven's kindness warmed his heart. In his ten years of life, he has only experienced this feeling with one other person outside his family --- the pope. He felt relaxed around her. He hasn't felt this way in weeks. Ever since he got to Daegu, he felt as though the pressure was on him big time. His brother was relying on him to help him choose his lover.

"Can I speak to you about something?"

Raven sipped her tea calmly, nodding her head.

"I feel pressured by my brother to choose a great ruler. He is relying entirely on me to figure it out for him. I am only ten, there is so much that I can do."

Raven nodded, clearly understanding. She reached out and put a calming hand on his shoulder.

"Just talk to him dear. He loves and values you a lot. If you feel pressured by him, tell him that. He will listen. Jimin is a good person, he wouldn't knowingly hurt you."

Hyuk nodded, smiling softly. He understood what she was saying. He really should just talk to him. Jimin is a great older brother, he wouldn't do anything on purpose to hurt him in any way. That is one of the reasons why they are so close. They have this mutual respect for each other. Their entire sibling relationship is based off of that respect. Jimin respects that Hyuk has problems trusting others. Hyuk respects that Jimin goes out of his way to help others. They each have their own beliefs but they wouldn't push each other to believe them.

"What about you Miss. Raven? Anything pressing on your mind?"

Raven giggled at "Miss. Raven," finding it adorable.

"Please just call me Raven. There is no need for formalities with me. As for your question... the only thing that I worry about is my brother, Yoongi. I haven't been able to send him a letter because of our parents."

Hyuk froze. Yoongi. This is Yoongi's sister. He would be SO happy to see her.

"Yoongi is my brother's bodyguard. He is in the market square right now! You should go and see him!"

Hyuk immediately bounced up, excited out of his mind. Raven took a second to process what he said.

"Yoongi is here..."

Raven shot up suddenly. Her bright blue eyes glistening happily. She nodded along with Hyuk.

"Yes, let's go."

Hyuk grabbed Raven's hand, squeezing it happily. The pair quickly walked their way to the market square. Raven's light blue dress created a small wave of blue and white behind them. The people sitting in front of their houses looked in awe.

"Raven is out."

"Looks like she is going to the square."

"Is that Prince Hyuk? What is she doing with him?"

"Oh my gods! Yoongi! She is going to see Yoongi!"