Chapter 28: Old Friends

Raven pulled her hood up, trying to remain hidden from the potential Yoongi.

If Yoongi sees her, he will take her back to Sera right away. Raven can't go back yet, there is still things she has to do.

Mark placed a comforting had on her back, guiding her to the captians. The captains stopped laughing, questioning the presence of the two. Mark spoke up first, keeping his hand on Raven's back.

"Um, excuse me. Is there any way one of you guys can take us to Edyn?"

The captians looked at each other, raising their eyebrows. One of the captains, an older well-built man, stood. He approached Raven, lifting her chin up to see her face better.

"My... aren't you a pretty one?"

Mark tensed, pulling Raven behind him. He stepped in between her and the captain, glaring at the man.

"Please, don't touch her without her permission."

The captain laughed, turning to the others behind him. They joined in too, mocking Mark. The older captain turned around suddenly, throwing a punch at Mark. Mark caught his fist, his eyes darkening. Raven yelped, grabbing Mark's arm. Mark glared at the man, his aura glowing black. A guard noticed what was happening, moving over to them quickly.

"Is there a problem over here?"

Mark steeled his gaze, warning the man to not do anything with his eyes.

"I don't know, is there?"

His voice filled with venom, scaring the captain. The captain pulled his fist back, shaking his head no.

"N-no."

The guard grumbled, heading back to his post. Mark took Raven by the hand, pulling her away from the captains.

Yet another captain approached them, again taking another interest in Raven.

This time, he was a bit more forceful. He pushed Mark away, grabbing Raven's arm, squeezing where her mark sat. The captain started to pull Raven away from him, causing Mark to bolt up. Before Mark could react, Raven's mark started to glow. The man jumped back, pulling his hand away.

Mark wrapped his arm arouns her shoulders, sighing.

"Does no one here have manners?"

Raven giggled, a small smile forming on her lips.

"This happens a lot, I've gotten used to it unfortunately. Arian captains can be a bit... forceful."

"That's just sad. I'll do my best to protect you."

The duo finally found the Seran captains. The captains noticed them, watching them approach. Raven spoke for them this time, being a citizen of Sera.

"Hello, my name is Raven, this is Mark. My friends and I are looking for safe transport to Edyn. Is there any way that one of you could take us? We promise to what we can to help out on the ship to repay you."

One of the captains, a female, looked Raven up and down. A smirk formed on the woman's face, a plan forming in her head.