01

"oh fuck this," i huffed throwing boxes all over my new house.

"come on clare there's on a couple more boxes left!" my roommate and best friend, carmen, said cheerfully.

"but my arms are gonna fall off!" i whined flailing my arms around. we both giggled and fell on the coach, it was the only thing that wasn't packed.

we walked out of the house to get the rest of our boxes when our neighbor came out from his door. he had long dirty blonde hair, that looked so soft. his eyes were bright blue just like mine. he must have been in his mid to late twenties.

"do you guys need some help?" he asked in a silky deep voice.

"yes please!" carm and i said in unison.

we walked to our truck which wasn't too far from our door, thankfully.

"i'm luke hemmings by the way, i live right next to you."

"i'm carmen kaplan."

"and i'm clare tonan."

"you guys look a little young to be living alone, aren't you?" he asked.

"well we actually just graduated high school, i'm 19 and she's 18, we're both taking classes at north carolina and just decided to move out here a little early." i told him. carmen's parents were about to sell their house back home and were just waiting for her to move out, they told her if she wanted to move out now they would pay for rent. for all 4 years! 

we got all the boxes from the truck and it was finally time to do the fun part. decorating. luke went back to his house after helping us move some big things. he was really strong so we put him to use. to thank him we invited him over for dinner tomorrow, we'd probably be too busy unpacking tonight.

carm put on some music and we blasted it though our house because we could. after a couple hours we had only unpacked half of the boxes.

"we should get dinner. take out?" carm asked.

"oh yeah. let's get that Chinese place across the street." she pulled up the menu on her phone. it didn't matter though, i knew i was gonna get lo mien. i had to find a good lo mien place asap.

"maybe we should invite the hot mysterious neighbor to get chinese with us," carmen teased. we both giggled.

"oh god he is so cute," i said blushing. we ordered food and carmen walked over to restaurant to get the food. i turned the music up a little more and started to jam out and unpack until i heard i knock at the door.

"what the hell is wrong with you. do you actually think it's ok to play that noise all night?" luke yelled. he was so nice earlier, why is he being so mean.

"yeah i think i can considering i pay rent here, i think i have a right to play my music in the place i live as much and as loud as i want," i sassed back. he shifted uncomfortably and his eyes showed his anger.

"listen little girl, some people around here are actual adults and don't want to be disturbed by your loud headache music," he scolded. his hands were balled into fists and i could tell with every word he got angrier. for some reason i wanted to push it, see how far he went.

"yeah and some people around here have a giant stick up their ass that causes them to be insane dic-,"

"you need to stop talking right now or else," he cut me off. he towered over me he was probably 6'4 which was a whole foot taller than me.

"or else what?" i said with a smirk. all of a sudden he pushed me up against wall, the door closing behind him. he started to kiss me roughly, i was surprised at first but gave into it after a couple seconds because it was amazing and passionate. with one of his hands he took my arms and pinned them up above my head, with his other he squeezed my ass. a small gasp left my mouth, he took the opportunity to slide his tongue into my mouth. we finally pulled apart and i had to catch my breath. he had a giant grin on his face.

all of a sudden carmen walked through the door. "oh! hey luke!" she said cheerfully.

"hi, i was actually about to leave. clare will you come over when you get the chance so we can talk" he said wiggling his eyebrows. i nodded and he left satisfied.

"oh my god! you guys kissed!" carmen squealed.

"shhh he can probably hear you! and yes!" i squealed too. he was so cute, such a good kisser and his smirk made me melt.

"i'm so jealous! oh and i got food and some groceries," she said pointing at the bags on the counter. i went through the bags and the 'groceries' were just milk and beer. i gave her a look. "what they're necessities!" she defended.  i popped it all in the fridge.

we got our food together then went into the living room where the tv and wii were, there was also a ps4 in both our rooms. carm turned on rick and morty and we watched a couple episodes. it was our favorite show. we both drank a few beers to toast our new apartment.

"i think i'm gonna turn in," carmen said. i looked at the clock and i was only 10. i wished her a good night and she disappeared into her room.

i didn't want to keep unpacking so i decided to go over to luke's house to talk.