10

i called jasper to walk me home from baileys because he lives right next door. bailey introduced us at the party. they're so cute, they both really like each other but they both don't say anything about it.

"thank you jasper, i really appreciate this," i said as we walked. it was only a short walk but i didn't want to get jumped again.

"no problem, anything to keep you guys selling. the house has decided to be your bodyguards, if you ever need us just shoot any of us a text. all we ask is that you give us deals." we reached my house and jasper left. i am really thankful to have people to look over me.

"oh my god clare! bailey didn't say it was this bad! they seriously did this to a girl? what assholes!" carmen yelled when i walked into the living room. i chuckled and made two gin and tonics.

i handed the drink to carm and sat next to her on the couch. "yeah they got me good. what are we gonna do about this. do you wanna keep selling? you should know they threatened to keep coming after us," i asked.

"honestly... yeah. fuck then for thinking this will scare us off. we'll make a fucking army to protect us if we have to."

"jasper and the guys said they'd enlist," i added.

"perfect that's already like six guys! then we add ashton and the guys and luke, that's like 15!" carm said excitedly.

"i should probably talk to luke, right? i don't know if i'm gonna tell him the truth or not yet."

carm and i smoked a little bit while we drank and watched music videos on the tv. we hadn't really relaxed like this since we've moved in. it's pretty nice to just chill with her.

"hold on luke's calling me," i said as i excused myself and walked to my room.

"hey daddy, what's up?" i asked in a very sweet voice.

"do you wanna come over?" he asked sounding antsy.

"i'm sorry, carm and i are having girls night tonight," i said.

"girls night" he mocked. "does that mean you're already drunk?" he growled.

"luke, don't be like that," i sighed. i honestly hate the fact that luke hates me drinking, i never get to go to bars with him and go dancing or anything because he wouldn't approve.

"will you at least come over after? i sleep so much better with you in my arms." i could hear the need in his voice but i couldn't let him see me like this, i needed time to figure things out.

"not tonight." he sighed into the phone clearly getting annoyed with me.

"ok well if you change your mind let me know," he huffed.

"luke just go to bed now or whatever don't wait up for me. i love you and i'll see you soon," i said and hung up the phone.

i walked downstairs to see bailey and carmen with paints and markers everywhere. "you guys set up fast," i said and grabbed some paints. we all painted different variations of kid cudi album covers then hung them up on the wall next to each other.

all night we joked and painted, it was a great night but i couldn't stop thinking about luke. i was so rude to him, i should call him but it's like 2 am so i doubt he's awake. i texted him to call me so if he's awake i can talk to him. i just don't know what i'm gonna say to him when he sees me which makes me nervous.

luke called me right away so i went to my room to talk to him.

"hey is everything ok?" he asked worried.

"yeah everything's good. why aren't you asleep yet?"

"i told you i don't sleep well without you," he growled, clearly angry at me. it probably didn't help that i was rude and hung up on him earlier.