16

jason's pov:
a group of police came to my house today, they said they had some questions they need to ask me. now i'm sitting in a room with only a table and a window, i'm guessing people on the other side can see through.

after sitting for a long time an officer finally comes in. "thank you for coming in jason, i am detective meyers. i've been tracking a drug dealer that you're close with i was hoping you could answer some questions for me," he says.

"who is this about?" i ask, i'm guessing clare but i don't wanna jump to conclusions.

"clare tonan, you're the only person in north carolina who has known her for many years besides her roommate who we assume is also a drug dealer," he tells me. i don't want to be the reason clare gets in trouble, if she finds out i ratted her out to the police she won't ever talk to me again.

"clare and i dated for a long time and she was never a drug dealer than. i know clare she's a good person," i tell them.

"do you want to know what i know jason?" he asks. "i know that a couple years ago you two raised hell and you got arrested and clare got off free. i know that she always gets away with everything even at your expense. i also know that we received a tip that she's a drug dealer than a couple hours later she got on a last minute flight on a private plane out of the country. jason you aren't getting anything for covering for her, she's a bad person. she has ties with the police to figure out when they're getting close to her, she's dangerous. i know she's a drug dealer and probably more considering she fled the country. so tell me what you know so we can take a bad person off the streets." he tells me. sounds like they don't have any evidence against her except a phone call so if she's getting fucked it's on me and i can't do that to her.

"i'm sorry sir clare isn't a drug dealer. those things must just be a coincidence." i tell him. i stay at the station until he's done asking questions, i'm not help though since i continue to deny her being a dealer.

when i get home i call clare but she doesn't pick up so i leave a message. "clare, it's jason. i really need to talk to you. i know that you out of the country, you're probably with luke or something but this is important so please call me back." i say and hang up. clare might be fucked.

clare's pov:

on our way home luke tells me that we're going to dinner tonight so the first thing i do when i get home is shower. when i get out luke is waiting for me on the bed, i can tell from his face something happened while i was showering.

i change into another dress, this ones a bit nicer than the other dress i wore. i sit on the bed next to luke and he tenses up. he hands me my phone.

"why do you have my phone?" i ask getting a little bit upset that he's invading my privacy.

"jason called and left a message," he says coldly. he stays quiet for a moment while i listen to the message. "are you talking to him?"

"what? no i haven't talked to him since i saw him at your office."

"then why the fuck does he know we went on vacation together when i only planned it yesterday and why is he saying he needs to talk to you?" he yells.

"i don't know i didn't tell him," i defend.

"well i sure as hell didn't tell him so i don't know who else that leaves clare."

"luke listen to me. i don't talk to jason, i have no idea how he found out. maybe carmen told him." i say.

"i want you to block him and delete his number right now," he says calming down a little.

"come on luke, this sounds important." i don't wanna get rid of jason's number yet, he's still important to me.

"you're being a bad girlfriend, clare. i can't believe you're doing this to me," luke says harshly. his words hurt like a knife and make me feel so guilty so i pull out my phone and do what luke says so i can stop this fight, i need some air.

"there," i say and give him my phone so he can see. by the time he looks up i've already left our room and made it to the elevator. as the doors are closing he walks out the door and looks around.

his eyes lock on mine. "clare," he growls. but the doors close before he can say any more.

i get to the lobby and walk straight out the doors. it's really beautiful here there's a park across the street that looks very nice. i walk over and start exploring.

in the middle there's a little shop so i walk inside looking for wine and cigs. luckily europe is full of smokers and drinkers so i got a pack, a lighter and a bottle of red and went back out.

i pull a cig out and place it in my mouth so i can light it. i continue my walk down the path getting a buzz and letting the fight fade out of my mind.

when i come into view of the hotel i see luke and he's already rushing towards me. i throw the butt on the trash can thing next to me and walk in the direction of the hotel.

luke gets to me and grabs my arm tightly. "i highly suggest you stop pushing this clare. you are very close to seeing a very bad side of me so stop now." he growls.

"luke you're hurting me," i squirm trying to get him to let go.

"give me that pack of cigarettes." his face is  stone cold.

"luke come on it's a full pack. i won't smoke anymore while i'm here," i tell him. he steps closer to me.

"i don't want you smoking those here i don't want you smoking them back home. hit your fucking juul it's better than cigarettes. give it to me now or you won't like what happens." he says low.

i hand him the pack and he tosses it in the trash. "can we drink this tonight or are you gonna throw it away to?" i ask holding up the wine. he glares at me and grabs the bottle.

"get in the fucking hotel room." he says following behind me as i walk. great he's treating me like a prisoner. 

i get inside and luke goes straight to the bedroom, closing the door. i don't wanna walk in since the door is closed.

i sit on the balcony and look at the city around me for about twenty minutes until luke comes out dressed in a suit.

"i don't wanna fight, were in greece we should have fun. you're gonna be in trouble when we get back, i wrote down what you did so i won't forget." he says smirking at me. "but we should still go out for dinner as long as you keep your attitude in check."

i agree and go into the bathroom to do a little makeup. when i'm finished we head out to a restaurant that luke picked.

our dinner was delicious, we ate so much food and had a lot of fun. we talked about everything and our fight felt like it didn't happen.

we went home after and drank the wine i got earlier. before we went to sleep luke and i had he most intimate sex i've ever had. it made me realize how much i love him because i can be completely pissed at him one moment and be utterly in love with him the next.

we fell asleep happy and in each other's arms. overall a very good day in greece