Hot in here(Smut)

Teetering unsteadily, balance lost, and down she blows - a loud thump, followed by a pained, frustrated groan. The thick foam yoga mat did little to cushion the blow against the Blue Paladin’s limbs, boney prominences of elbows and shoulder blades sure to pool with bruises later. Lance limply remained flat on his back, glaring at the ceiling as another groan slipped past his lips.

“Hunk, my man, this isn’t working.” he whined, rubbing a sweaty hand over his damp forehead, then wiping down over his eyes.

Beside the weak-limbed lump of boy, Hunk carefully straightened out his legs and lowered himself down from his Scorpion pose. Safely on his hands and knees, he leaned over to give an encouraging pat to his best friend’s shoulder.

“Your headstand was looking great, dude! Y’know, until you fell over.” He threw the wet noodle he called friend a warm smile and thumbs up.

Lance grumbled, inching himself up into a sitting pose, weight baring with one arm braced behind him whilst the other hand fanned his face, desperate for a cooling breeze. He wore only a loose fitting pair of boxers, navy with little stars, peeling away every piece of clothing he normally wore as his blood boiled in his veins. Since waking up hours before, Lance had mysteriously been dying of heat. He’d already tried numerous cold showers without any relief, and swiping any device in the castle that appeared to work as a fan, again without success. Lance resorted to start stripping. He felt so strange.Besides baking beneath his own skin, he also felt a faint tingling in his limbs, almost as if he was softly vibrating,so full of energy that he couldn’t sit still. He’d been an energetic guy before, but now we was practically twitching.

The strangest part of this new affliction, however, was definitely hearing Blue nonstop in his head all day. She wasn’t saying anything in particular, just rumbling out a deep, pleasuring purr. The rhythmic hum of the lion’s purr within his mind felt to be what trembled down his limbs, and also caused the sweltering heat cooking him from the inside out. Was something up with his lion? They’d not been a mission in days! Though it would explain why no one else he’d seen today was also dying of heat.

“I dunno, Lance, yoga tends to do the trick when I’m feeling wonky.” Hunk shrugged, handing Lance a bottle of clear fluid, ‘water’ so they’d been told -  or at least, the deep space equivalent. “Maybe you’re…getting sick, somehow? Space flu?”

“Nah, I don’t think. I’m not queezy, or achy. I’m just baking to death, and my body feels so - so twitchy. Like a zillion tiny shocks are making my muscles jump. Ugh.” Lance pressed the heel of his hand into his eye. “And Blue, she won’t shut up, but she’s not actually sayinganything, just freakin’ purring. Loudly.”

“She’s purring? What for?”

“Hell if I know, but she hadn’t stopped all morning.” Lance flopped flat on his back once more, with overdramatic flair. “Maybe someone broke out the cat nip down there.”

Hunk chuckled at his friend. “Somehow, I don’t think that stuff would work on robotic space cats.”

Lance threw a playful sidelong glance with a smile. “Not a bad idea, though. I should patent it.”

“Genius as usual, my friend.”

The door of the lounge slid open mechanically, and to the surprise of both floor-bound paladins, a frazzled looking Keith tripped through.

He leaned on the door frame, looking a touch out of breath. He too was shirtless, a visible gleam of perspiration across his toned chest, muscle pulled taut beneath pale flesh. He’d managed to keep his pants on, unlike Lance, though they hung low on his hips, and the button and fly were undone as if they’d been pulled on hastily. The end of each pant leg bunched with extra length around his ankles and caught under two bare feet – he really had yanked them on in a rush; hadn’t even gotten his feet through all the way. Black hair stuck to his neck and cheeks wetly, deep violet eyes lidded and burning with anger.