Temptation III (Smut)

Lance has never been good when it comes to temptation.

He forgets to go pick up his bubble tea from the side of the pool after hooking up with Keith in the clubhouse and a raccoon comes along and knocks it into the water after they leave.

Management has to drain the pool and Lance wants to tell Keith because he finds it endlessly funny but he can’t. Because Keith’s already occupied with dodging Nadia’s bitchy mood. And Lance knows far too well that that’s a full-time job all on its own. Especially when the full brunt of it’s being zeroed in on him with nowhere to escape.

Lance minds his business.

Folds a little laundry.

Sips some herbal tea he made because the thought of The Bubble Tea Incident has him regretting his losses.

But mostly he just sits and listens to the muffled sounds of Nadia bitching that poor kid out from a room away, Keith’s mumbled responses doing nothing to take the edge off.

The next few days play out...strangely.

Lance moves about with his life and helps his middle sister fill out job applications like the good big bro he is, but the overall vibe in the house has taken an unmistakably tense turn. Only it isn’t the two of them. It’s not their doing.

You can already guess where the tension is emanating from.

Keith has drawn into himself almost completely - is trying very very hard not to take up space around everyone. Around Lance. Mostly around Nadia.

It’s an issue.

“Hey. Child. Why’re you being such a dick to Keith lately?”

He can’t be the only one who’s noticed the not so subtle increase in the number of times he’s seen that poor boy sitting somewhere by himself in the house, his sister either with her door closed upstairs or off somewhere else. And he just wants to know why, is all.

Except: “None of your business.”

She’s playing a Yakuza game. Lance can’t tell which one just by looking at the screen but that’s not really the point right now, is it?

“It’s obviously your own problem,” he supposes nonchalantly, slumping on the door frame as she plays on. “I can’t picture that kid doin’ anything even remotely bad to justify how much of a bitch you’re being.”

Well. Except for the Big Bad thing. And the Not As Big But Still Pretty Bad thing. But there’s no way Keith has the guts to tell her, so that can’t be it. Right?

Kiryu slams a sandwich board over a thug’s back on screen, the resulting shout the only response Nadia seems willing to offer.

Fine. Whatever.

“Well,” he says on an inhale as he pulls himself from the door frame, “Enjoy kicking your absolute puppy of a boyfriend while he’s down, I guess…”

He shuts her door on the way out, the ka-ching of yen that's fluttering from the knocked out thugs cutting out behind it.