46

Weirdly but faintly, when Jee blinked her eyes open, trying to catch up to the situation. She found herself sleeping on a matted floor, a completely different feel to the environment.

Forcing herself to get up, her head still gave off the dizziness. Bearing with the stinging sensation, she looked around, then she noticed a young girl washing the dishes in the far corner, the room that she was in, seemed all too small and confined.

Jee was reluctant to approach the girl at first, but seeing how the room gave in such homely vibes. Second thoughts hindered her mind.

She cleared her throat, attracting the attention of the young girl back to her.

When the girl came forth, kneeling beside her, Jee instantly recognised her, the moment she sat on the floor by her side.

"You-you're the girl from the store, right-? The one who saved me, a month ago-?"
(Reference back to Ch-35)

She nodded her head, smiling back at her.

"But how am I here-?"

"That man Hajoon-"
Upon hearing the girl mentioning his name, Jee flinched, hoping that the girl would not be of his acquaintance.

"-is he hurting you-?"
She reflected a genuine worried look on her face, showing care for her.

"I-I don't think-"

"-don't deny the fact that he is hurting you, because I know what kind of man he truly is, you need to be more careful, Jee-"

The girl had Jee all wrapped up in a confused state, clearly it was true that she was trying to hide her honest struggle but it was weird to have being found out by a mere person whom she've just met twice.

"-who are you-? And why did you bring me here-?"
Jee asked, her brows knitting in curiosity.

"I'm Chun Aina, I helped you escaped before that woman could take you away-"

"-Ha-Hana-"
Jee gasped, remembering what exactly happened to her.

"She spiked your water-"

"-why, why're you trying to help me this much-? I don't think I ever remember doing anything good towards you-"
Jee had her words, filled with uncertainty and dubious about their meet.

"You may not have helped us but you've finally helped Jungkook learn to love and care truly-"
A voice spoke up, suddenly grabbing her attention, a woman appeared from the front door, her face all masked and covered up, clothed with a shawl. Jee couldn't clearly see her face at all.

"Aina dear, will you give us some time alone-?"

"Okay, I'll be outside, be back later-"
Giving her mother a peck on her clothed forehead, Aina left the room, leaving the two individuals behind.