Part 5

Raj saw in her direction and observed that Neeta was feeling uncomfortable with the guy being too close to her. He saw her standing up suddenly and went towards her. He was near to her when he heard the guy's words and his blood boiled with anger. He punched the guy hardly on his face and started hitting him furiously, without giving him time to recover. He lifted that guy by clutching his collar like a dog and started kicking him again."How dare you talk to her like that?"

The guy did not stand a chance against Raj's anger and was groaning in pain. His team mates came running to him. They have understood by Raj's words that he must have disrespected Neeta. They knew that Rajveer never tolerated this kind of behaviour but the way he was kicking the guy, looked like it was something more personal. Finally, when the guy was no more able to get up, he threw him to ground in front of Neeta. "Apologise" he commanded harshly.

"Sorry madam. Sorry" the guy pleaded in front of her. "People like you should be behind the bars" he was about to call someone when Neeta stopped him."Rajveer. Leave it"- she was feeling very uncomfortable with the crowd gathering around her. Raj understood her position and lifted the guy by holding his collar-" I should not see you in this area again and if I saw you repeating this behaviour with any woman again, I will make sure that you would rot in jail for a long time."

The guy was aware of Raj's power and he ran away quickly, limping in pain before Raj changed his mind.

Raj looked at his teammates and they got the silent message to back off. They went back to the court. Paarth understood that the way Raj kicked that guy, Neeta meant a lot to him. He gave them some privacy and went back to the game.

Neeta and Raj walked back to the main entrance. Neeta was very quiet, still upset by the guy's behaviour. Raj felt bad seeing her upset face and felt like hitting that bastard again.

"Neeta! Please forget about it. The guy won't come here anymore," he assured in a gentle tone.

Neeta looked at him and felt warmth, seeping in her heart, remembering the way; he had fought for her. Nobody had done that for her before.

'I have to leave now Raj...I mean Rajveer' she corrected herself.

'You can call me Raj. My friends also call me by that name only"

'Okay. Bye Raj! 'She smiled at him and left.

In the evening, a guy came to her house."Madam! Rajveer sir asked me to give this packet to you," he handed over the package to her and left.

She opened it curiously and there were study material for different courses. There was a note in it. 'Neeta! You said that you like studying. I don't know which course you would prefer. So, I am sending material of all courses. Please don't get me wrong. I only thought that studying will help you"

She caressed the books-This guy was such a sweetheart. He cared so much about her wishes. Just one word of her interest in studies, and he send all these books. She kept the package in her cupboard.

***

Raj came to home, humming a tune after what felt like ages...since the past few days, he had met Neeta daily...his mornings would start with her ...they have become more than casual acquaintances by now...however he had noticed that she is a bit of introvert and barely spoke anything about her personal life but he was happy that at least she is more close to him than before.She had never asked him about his profession and he never told her. He got freshened up; when he got ready and sat on the sofa, he saw the maid's daughter Vaishali placing the coffee mug before him. He sipped it while checking his phone. He did not observe the way she was staring at him.