Part 11

1month later:

Neeta saw the note Raj had left for her-he had to leave for a important meeting and did not want to disturb her sleep...he had left her favourite chocolate milk in the flask ready for her...She smiled-he would always find ways to brighten her morning. She preferred his handwritten notes than any electronic message which lacks the feeling of warmth.She was sometimes surprised at the intensity of the bond between them—how did he became so important to her in such a short period of time, when normally it would take years together to build that kind of trust with others, how being with him is so easy as it was always meant to be, how he can make her smile so easily and effortlessly, how seeing him would make her happy and his friendship is making her feel more strong than ever, the knowledge that he would always be there for her, if she is in trouble gives her strength. He removed some unknown burden in her heart, she can be the way she wants to be with him and it feels so liberating to be with him, he always respects her feelings and emotions, never tries to change her.

The past one month-this is the best part of her life till now.Every day in her hospital, if she is stressed or tired, just his thought or the messages that he sends her randomly, makes her smile and she would eagerly wait to go back to home to meet him.She would prepare his favourites and although he protests that he did not want her to get even more tired by cooking, she never listens to him.She knows that he had missed the feeling of family and someone preparing his favourites with so much of care and affection.Every time he savours the taste of the food, she feels the joy of making him happy...but all this is nothing in comparison of how much he cares for her.

Sometimes she would have to go at night in the case of emergency and he would never let her go alone, no matter how late it is, he would drop her at hospital and would wait for her till she returns not caring about her protests. He loves to pamper her.She is surprised at the way he understood her likes and tastes, so easily because she rarely voiced them out. He is really very observant about her, he is not fond of sweets but the moment he know that she likes ice-cream, he had started filling the refrigerator with different exotic flavours, some of them which she suspected are not even available in the country, she had feared that she would get diabetes at this rate and only the threat to her health had toned him down, she loved the way his eyes would sparkle whenever he saw her, she must have done something really lucky to get a friend like him in her life...god must be merciful on her for some unknown good things which she must have done in her past lives, nobody showered that much of care on her before that sometimes she found it difficult to believe that he existed in her life.

No matter how busy he is, he never neglects or forgets anything about her, once she had slight fever and cold, she came to him and saw that he was getting ready as he had a important meeting with a minister,'Nia ! I have prepared the breakfast for you, please have it,' he informed her closing the laptop,'I need to go,'he came near her and took her hand in his to say bye, he frowned feeling her warm skin and checked her forehead,'you have fever!' He was shocked and that's it! He had immediately cancelled the meeting and did not leave her side for the entire day...although she fought with him that he is worrying unnecessarily, she could not ignore the warmth filling her heart due to the fact that she is very important to him.

Sometimes, she would try to irritate him or fight with him just for fun sake but even then, he would never lose his cool with her. He astonishes her by understanding her unspoken words just by reading her eyes, she feels blessed to have him in her life and wonders at times if she would never have enough of his friendship, he is very dear to her and the intensity of the feeling scares her, what if one day he is not there in her life, what if someone or something takes him away from her, how would she live the?-- whenever that fear overwhelms her, her mood gets dampened and she would try to stay away from a little while trying to gain her sanity back under control and protect her heart but again, he does something for her and she would get even more closer to him....who is he? Why is she becoming so attached to him? Why does he have that magnetic pull to draw her towards him? She is both attracted and frightened by the power he is having on her heart at the same time.

Raj looked at the wallpaper in his mobile and caressed it lovingly---her smiling face has rejuvenated him instantly—he had to convince her a lot for this pic because she felt very conscious in front of the camera and agreed only after seeing his disappointment...every moment with her, it is too precious for him, he knew that she had no idea about his feelings.

She cares for him only as a friend but his heart overpowers him sometimes and he could not help but stare at her with the deep longing for her love, luckily he is blessed with abundant patience but it is tested now severely, everyday he longs for her to recognise his unspoken feelings, to understand the longing of his heart but she is oblivious to it. He is so much in love with her that the emotion floods him sometimes and he feels that he would not be able to breathe properly without her. The hold she has over him used to scare him initially, but now he has accepted it as an irrevocable truth of his life and he is at peace with it, he loves her with everything he had –She is the only thing he lives for, prays for and can give his life for without blinking once.

Until she came into his life, even he was never aware that he could love someone like that with this maddening intensity that his entire world would revolve around her existence. He prays for her to understand his feelings quickly and put him out of this misery but is also tensed about her reaction—what if it is too early for her? he would lose this precious moments with her and she may leave him—he was drawn towards her even when he knew nothing about her but now when she is with him, after knowing her, spending time with her, he falls in love more deeper every day, he knew without a doubt that there could be no one for him ever again and she is the only one whom he would be able to love like this...She will always be the only thing he would wish for with his entire being...her presence is enough to sooth him and even her silence gives him company and drives away his loneliness, he had never realised how lonely he felt before until she came into his life and made him aware of it.

Every minute with her, he cherishes the blissful memories...every time she is near him and smiles at him so serenely and beautifully, his heart aches to tell her what she means to him and he had to exert all of his willpower to stop the words from escaping his lips. Only he knew about how much he aches and burns for her, about the storm in his heart and about how he cages his feelings which are dying to be revealed in front of her. Whenever she touches him, he feels as though he is a new person and feels blissful. No words in any language are enough to say what she means to him. He kissed her photo,'I love you more than my life.'His heart whispered the words silently and it craved for her madly.He sighed and kept the phone inside before leaving for work.

***

Abhimanyu entered his house after a month...his business trip to Canada had been hugely successful.He got freshened up and opened the CCTV footages in his mother's room for the last one month. He was about to sip his drink, when he dropped the glass in shock...it was the same girl whom he had seen in the hospital lift...She was sitting besides his mother's bed, checking her, injecting something and talking to her...how did she come here?...he called the nurse and was shocked at what she told. So, she was the new doctor he had got information about....he called his manager and within an hour, her complete bio-data was in front of him.

He went through it eagerly-her work experience, achievements, her school life...he went to the last page and double checked the school name...st.joseph's...Neeta...the memories are becoming clearer to him...the small girl with the same eyes, the same look.....Neeta...She is the same girl...that's why she had felt so familiar to him...he did not how to react to this information...the girl who was always there in some corner of his mind, she is the same one, treating his mother now.

His mind went back to his childhood, the painful memories hitting him hard.