Part 13

They were discussing about random topics and the topic shifted to international politics. One of the guys had started speaking something loudly about the war torn Middle East countries and the others fell silent listening to him. 'You know last week attack had happened on Syria's capital city Aleppo. Many people were killed. God knows, why Russians want to support Syria's regime. First, the countries fight in Afghanistan, now this,...'he was going on and on.

After some time, one of the guys had stopped him." Enough yaar.The girls are getting bored with your speech. It is a party. Let us enjoy."

"Common! You too don't talk like them. The girls don't understand half of it," that comment hit the girl's ego."Why can't we understand it?" one girl asked him angrily.

"Oh really, then tell me something about TTIP agreement with Europe which trump has cancelled recently," he boasted his knowledge.

The girls fell silent.They really had no idea about what it meant. Even some of the guys don't know about it. He smirked in victory."See! You don't know. I will give you one more minute. Anyone can answer it. Perhaps you?' he pointed to the quiet girl sitting beside Neeta. The girl felt uncomfortable with all the attention on her. She bent her head in embarrassment

"Okay fine.At least tell me about the name of Syria's president;" there was silence again when Neeta replied quietly,"It is not necessary that everybody knows everything. That doesn't mean that we can underestimate them". The girl looked gratefully at Neeta for supporting her.

"Oh, really! Then, may be, you can answer the question"

"Common,Vicky! She is Raj's friend. Cut her some slack. She may not even know where Syria exists. Leave the poor girl." Other guy said to him.

Neeta's mobile rang."Excuse me! I have to take this call," she tried to leave.

"Don't run away by giving excuses. Accept that you girls don't understand these things."

Paarth pitied the poor guy. He had insulted other girls,that was one thing, but he embarassed Neeta. Wait till Raj knows about this thing. Still he thought of giving him a last warning."Vicky. Leave it." but the guy did not budge. Paarth went to call Raj.

Neeta had had enough. This idiot is not worthy to be Raj's friend. She kept silent till now but not anymore. He needed a good lesson.

"Fine.Then, listen. TTIP agreement is trans-pacific partnership agreement which was cancelled because trump thinks that the terms of trade are not favourable to Americans. Syria's president is Assad and Russians interest in Syria is about the Diaspora and access to the black sea which is a warm water port, helpful for them in war times as other bases freeze in winter.

Coming to Afghanistan, the great game between Russia and other countries had its origin in the disintegration of the Ottoman Empire and last but not the least, get your facts right. Syria's capital city is Damascus not Aleppo. Now, if you excuse me, I have to take this call" she left outside the house to take the call.

There was pin drop silence in the room. Vicky's face turned pale. The guys were in a state of shock. Some of them even had their mouths open. They have heard that she did not even finish high school."How did she have this much knowledge? Even they don't know about some of these things. She had won their admiration in one stroke. Some of the guys even became fans of her. The girls felt embarrassed thinking about how they had insulted her and it was ultimately she, who saved their pride to some extent in front of the men.

Raj had finished his call when Paarth came to him and informed about what was happening inside. Raj marched inside angrily when he heard Neeta speaking. He stood at the entrance of the room and listened to her in awe. He was impressed with her knowledge. He never guessed that along with being a doctor, she had such extensive knowledge about international politics and history. He watched Paarth's shocked expression and grinned. She surely teached them a good lesson. He looked at them disapprovingly."Guys, never judge a book by its cover."The guys saw him and tried to act normal.Raj did not even look at them again and went outside to bring Neeta back. She was standing near the staircase. He came near her, "you are awesome. You know that right," he grinned at her. Neeta smiled at him and both of them came back to the party.