Part 19

Neeta came into his flat to see that Raj was in the kitchen. He was in a very enthusiastic mood preparing something. 'Raj! What are you preparing?' she asked him.

'Dinner for us,' he replied turning to her.'I will help you,'she tried to take the spoon from him but he denied.

'No Neeta. Today, I want to prepare it for us. You just need to give me company. You sit here,' he led her to the counter and she sat on it watching him. She smiled –who could say that the powerful IPS officer is cooking for her.She smiled at the contrast...he looked so handsome and adorable at the same time. He was totally absorbed in the task, cutting the vegetable pieces with such precise concentration that she felt like ruffling his hair. She was shocked at the impulse to kiss his cheek and shook her head at the thought.

She was getting bored and got a mischievous thought. She opened the tap and sprayed water on him disturbing his concentration. Raj was shocked by the sudden onslaught of water on him. Water drops were dripping from his hair and face, his wet look was making him look incredibly attractive. She had a sudden urge to wipe the drops with her fingers and gulped at her thoughts. Since his confession & acceptance, something was changing within her. She is now feeling as if she had more rights on him.

He felt as hers alone, although she did not do anything to earn it. 'Nia!' She laughed splashing more water upon him. 'Please stop'...She did not listen to him, drenching him some more...this is what you get for making me feel bored.'

'Oh! Wait...I will entertain you,' he took the jug full of water and pounced upon her. 'No'...She squealed trying to run away but he caught hold of her arm not allowing her escape. Both of them struggled for the water jug, the water splashing slightly. Finally, he got hold of it and looked at her with a glint in his eyes.

'Oh no! He will take his revenge now.' She started to struggle in his grip...'Raj! Please...Please...I already had my bath. Don't'...' She crossed her hands across her face, trying to escape his hold.She closed her eyes tightly and waited for a few seconds expecting the cool water on her, but it never came. She removed her hands a bit hesitantly at first and then completely seeing the expression in his eyes. He placed the jug on the counter and was looking at her with love & tenderness in his eyes. 'Nia! Do you really think I will do something you don't want me to.' She melted at his words and could not control herself from placing her arm around him in a side hug. She felt the wet t-shirt—'Raj! You go and get ready.I will prepare the rest of the breakfast.' 'But Neeta...I wanted to..' She stopped him.

'Raj! Your clothes are completely wet. Go and have a shower. Go...' She pushed him towards the bedroom and came back to kitchen.

Neeta prepared the breakfast and kneaded the atta for lunch. She was immersed in the music and did not hear someone entering the hall and going inside. She finished cooking and went towards the hall to turn off the music, when she stopped seeing the sight in front of her. A girl was folding the washed clothes from the laundry.She was doing it as though she was used to it. "Who is this girl?" she frowned and then she remembered. "Oh! She must be the maid's daughter, the old lady had informed her that her daughter would come and help in the weekends.

She was about to talk to her, when what she saw, made her shocked. The girl was caressing Raj's shirt and then she inhaled it deeply - smiling to herself. She did not notice Neeta there, and was busy in her dreams. Neeta clenched her jaw and felt her insides burn with strange intensity. How dare she touch her Raj's shirt? Is she mad or what? Since how long is this going on? Why did Raj allow this girl to touch his clothes? Ah...I have to talk to him now... she was burning with anger.