Part 8

The morning rays were touching his face. He opened his eyes slowly and the first thing he saw was her beautiful face before him. "Good morning" she smiled at him. She was wearing a white dress and she looked as heavenly as an angel.

"Neeta! You are here. I missed you so much" he caressed her cheek with his palm. She leaned into his touch. The sun rays falling on her gave an ethereal glow to her. She was just staring at him silently with the smile still on her face.

"Do you know how much I love you?" his voice was deep with the intensity of his emotions.

His expression changed suddenly. "What? "She immediately got up and moved away from him. " Raj! What happened to you? You are my friend till now, but after knowing your intention, I don't want to see you again. Good bye." She left him, banging the door hardly.

Then suddenly the entire room was filled with crushed red roses and there were blood foot prints everywhere. Neeta's voice was echoing in the room "you will never see me again."

"Come back to me please" he had heard the voice of a child pleading and he saw the shadow of two figures who appeared so familiar to him, leaving the child. There was blood everywhere. There was total darkness and the child was moving blindly in the darkness for a source of light but could not find it anywhere. Nobody was there to console him, hear his pain. He did not know for how much time the child was left in the darkness when suddenly everything changed.

Then he saw himself in the mirror- there was a source of light entering from somewhere. He moved towards it with anticipation slowly as if he it would disappear if he moved quickly. It grew bigger and the entire area was filled with sunshine.

He saw Neeta standing at the entrance of the room smiling at him. Light was radiating from her. He took a step towards her. She was still standing there. Few more steps and he moved his hand to touch her. That's it... she turned back and shut the door and the entire room was filled with darkness again.

'Neeta... Neeta...' he screamed with pain, but she did not come back.

He woke up with a start. He was breathing heavily and his heart was racing at jet speed. He felt the tension radiating from every part of his body. The pain he had felt in the dream appeared so real. He remembered Neeta's reaction about the roses on that day. She felt bad for accusing him but the truth is that it was different for her. She cared for him, but it appeared that it was only as a friend. He can't just confess his love to her and expect her to accept it. One wrong move and she may run away a mile from him.

On that day in the park, when she had asked him to stay away from him, he had felt the pain but he had seen her eyes. The anger in her voice did not reach her eyes. It was as though somewhere she still trusted him. It gave him hope that may be if he would give her time to cool down, it would be okay. He did not go there for the next few days and he got shot later. The first thing he remembered, when he got conscious after the operation was her face and he felt so happy seeing her near him.

He could not afford to lose her. He had to show her his love instead of saying it.From now onwards, he had to be her friend, be close to her, and understand her more. He did not know about her likes and dislikes. He wanted to know about her hopes, dreams, fears- everything about her. He had noticed that the visiting hours have already started and she was not there. He tried calling her, but she was not picking the phone. He was lost in his thoughts, when someone opened the door. It was the nurse to check him. He got freshened up with her help and had breakfast. He thought of asking her about Neeta.

"Did you see Neeta?"

The nurse had seen them yesterday and understood that he was close to Neeta."Yes sir. She is on duty."