One

5 years later

"Maamaaaa wake up" I felt my son's tiny fingers trying to get my eyes open "I saw your eyes move I know you are awake" he beamed, he had the most beautiful smile and it was hard to deny that beautiful face.

"Good morning my beautiful baby," I planted a soft kiss on his little button nose.

"Mama, I'm not a baby anymore," he pouted and crossed his arms, and I knew he wasn't, but that didn't change the fact that he would always be my baby, the person who had saved me and shown me who I really was.

"Not today Ty, it's Saturday," you should have seen the disappointment in his little face, "but Laura is coming to look after you while Mummy has a meeting this afternoon, maybe you could go to the park or the zoo."

"But I want to go with you to see my uncle Frankie."

"You can't, not today baby, but if you ask Laura nicely, I'm sure she'll take you to have lunch with me".

"At McDonald's?" the excitement returned to his beautiful brown eyes.

"Wherever you want to go, now come on, let's get up and get some breakfast".

"Yes!!" he jumped out of bed like Superman "pancakes" and ran downstairs, I climbed out of bed and followed his mischievous giggle down the stairs.

Our nanny Laura had just arrived and was hanging her coat and bag on the hook, "Good morning Miss Watson," she smiled, Laura had been a godsend, without her I would never have been able to go back to work and provide for Tyler and me and his dad, well the guy doesn't even know the kid exists.

"Please call me Bella, Miss Watson sounds like an older teacher" I laughed, she was 21 and extremely quiet but Tyler absolutely adored her as did I.

"Do you mind if I take Tyler to breakfast this morning, my friends and the nanny too, so we'll meet her and the two children she looks after and then we'll go to the petting zoo," Tyler overheard and started jumping around the room.

"Yeah, of course, I'll be back at five, I'll order a pizza and bring home some wine," I smiled."Sounds great, come on Ty, let's go get ready," Tyler ran back up the stairs leaving me sitting sipping my coffee, I hated being sent to meetings but today I felt 10 times more anxious but I couldn't understand why.

I walked into the huge corporate looking building, traffic was hectic so of course I was a few minutes late which added to my anxiety, there was nothing worse than having to walk into a room last, I hated nothing more than drawing attention to myself, I walked into the conference room and I was the only woman.

"Glad you could finally make it," said a man standing in the corner, staring out the window.My heart sank.

I knew instantly, the voice was unmistakable.

Cole...

I quickly put on my glasses and tried to disguise myself, hoping that I had changed enough in the last 5 years to be unrecognizable, he turned and scanned the room, he didn't look at me twice, nor was there a flicker of recognition in his eyes.

The whole meeting I kept my eyes on the booklet in front of me, I kept my mouth shut and avoided answering any questions, I was beginning to think he hadn't recognised me, the new blonde hair mixed with the glasses must have thrown him off, when suddenly I felt it...

I felt his eyes burn into me, I kept my head down as if lost in the pieces of paper in front of me, then he addressed me and I knew there was no escaping it.

"Ms. Watson, was it?" he said coldly, raising an eyebrow.

"Correct," I replied confidently, wanting to throw myself out of the window if I sounded stupid."You've been quiet throughout the meeting, considering you were late, I thought you'd want to make more of an effort."

"You were quiet during the whole meeting, considering you were late, I thought you'd want to make more of an effort".

Ugh, that arrogant... "Sorry I had family problems, you know how kids are" Cheap shot, I know, but sue me...

A few of the other people in the room, obviously parents too, laughed, knowing that kids and schedules are a tough thing, Cole's face turned sour, was it jealousy or was it the fact that I'd just put him down in front of a room full of his peers, either way I must have pissed him off because he refused to make eye contact, I could only feel his deadly stare from time to time, but fuck this guy.

The meeting ended and I started throwing all my stuff into my bag, I didn't want to be alone with this guy at all, but by the time I looked up everyone was already leaving, I grabbed the rest of my stuff and hurried out.

"What's the rush, Bella?" Cole blocked my exit.

"I've got places to be Cole, move" I demanded, my stomach sank, why now!!!"What, like a date?" he smirked arrogantly.

"It's got nothing to do with you, now can you move before I scream this fucking building down, Cole, don't fucking test me".

"You're my wife, so it has a lot to do with me."

"Your wife?" I spat, "how dare you?"

"He lifted his finger and ran it down the side of my face."Go away Cole, you need help"

"No Bella, I need you," he purred, making my skin crawl.

"Just get out of my way," I pulled the door, making it clatter, drawing attention to the room so he knew he had no choice but to let me go.

"It was good to see you, Princess," he whispered in my ear as I pushed my way out of the door.