Twenty One

Olivia and I just stood in silence, ue face had turned white, "t-thankyou" I whispered.

"don't mention it," she said shakily

"Why did you help me?"

Olivia pulled a pack of cigarettes out of her pocket, she held it out to meet, I hadn't smoked since before I met Cole, she sat down next to me and lit hers up, she took a deep drag on and blew out a puff of smoke.

"When I was a kid my mom was murdered, totally different circumstances but I'm sure losing a parent in whatever way is just as bad, and well look at me" she sighed

"Olivia look I'm sorry for..."

"no, please you have nothing to apologise for, it was me all of this was my fault, I knew Cole was so in love with you, and I was jealous, I never had that, my mom was dead and my dad well... He was in and out of prison that much, I only saw him a handful of times"

"You don't have to explain"

"no" she took another drag on her cigarette "I do, I know none of this can explain or even make any of this better but, I just want you to know I'm so sorry Bella, and it wasn't my idea for the children when Frankie turned up here with them, I freaked out" she started into space "I never meant for it to get this far, I'm going to go to prison aren't i" that's when she began to cry.

"I'm sure Cole knows some good lawyers, I know he'll help"

"he won't help me" she. Wiped her tears away with her sleeve "and I can't say I blame him"

"Olivia, you saved my life, so we Owe you"

"what do we do about the body?" We sat there looking at Frankie lifeless body on the floor, a pool of dark red sticky blood forming on the floor.

"Just get your things, you're going to come home with us, I mean until we get this sorted"

"Cole is going to kill me" he grimaced.

"I promise, I won't let him do any things"

We got to the car, I could see cole gripping the steering wheel anxiously, his face went from today delight until he clocked Olivia, he climbed out the car and came storming over, thunder in his eyes.

"Cole, wait"

In jumped Infront of her.

"Why are you defending her Bella move"

"Cole no! She saved my life"

"I don't give a fuck what she did she stole my children and kidnappers my wife"

"yeah and she also to stopped someone from putting a bullet through my fucking head"

"and where is he now?"

"This is why we're here, he's dead," I said bluntly

"get in the car" he ordered he whipped out his phone and by the time he got in the car "sorted," he said slamming his phone in the centre console.

"Cole, I'm-"

"I don't want to hear your voice, Olivia, I don't want to hear your apologies, you not only put my wife's life in danger but my children's lives too, there is nothing I want you to say"

Olivia sunk back in her seat.

"Cole, she saved my life" I tried to reason with him.

"yeah, and she wouldn't have had to if she didn't put you in danger"

We pulled up outside of our house, the children were softly snoring in the back, it was then I realised how lucky we all were to be returning home as a family.

"is Olivia going to get into trouble?" I raised my eyebrow at cole.

"why? Do you want her to?".

"a part of me says yeah, she deserves to be locked up for a long time, but then this isn't just on her, it's all of our faults if it wasn't for us being immature none of this would have happened"

"so you're just going to let her get away with it?"

"do you think she's got away with it? Look at her, she's a mess we have to help her"

Cole looked at me a moment, I wondered what the hell was running through his mind.

He pulled out his cheque book, scribbled something on it and handed it to Olivia "I want you to take this, and get the fuck out of my families lives"

Olivia sat there staring at the paper in her hands "Cole I don't want it"

"take it, Bella and the kid's life is worth more to me than any number I could write on a check, so take it and fuck off"

She sat in the back of the car just staring at the cheque.

"GO ON" Cole shouted. Making Tyler stir, Olivia didn't need telling again, she quickly jumped out of the car.

"thankyou", I mouthed as Cole pulled away from the house.

She gave me a struggled smile.

"are you okay?" Cole smiled

"I mean I'm alive, the kids are safe so yeah, I'm fine"

"I love you so much Bella, I will never underestimate your strength and bravery again"

I laid my head on the cold, condensation rain speckled window, and. Succumbed to the heaviness of my eyes.