Twenty Three

Back home everything fell back into the normal routine, Cole went back to work, he hired 4 full-time security people for the house, and the children and I never left home alone, this was our new normal.

"Mom?" Tyler stopped me one morning.

"yes, baby?"

"Why did Uncle Frankie take me and Romey away from you and daddy?"

I stopped in my tracks, how do I explain it to him, without him losing faith in his whole childhood, but I realised there's no way to sugarcoat this, "come here" I picked him up and placed him on the kitchen worktop, I realised how grown up he was now, his little baby face has turned into a little boys face, how had all this time passed.

"Well uncle Frankie was poorly, his brain wasn't being very kind," I said softly as he sat listening intently "And Frankie didn't think we wanted to be his friend anymore, and it made him very hurt, so he wanted to hurt me and daddy by taking what me and daddy love the most?"

"Me and Romey?" he frowned.

"Yes, you and Romey, but me and daddy came and got you and now we're safe"

"Where Frankie now?"

I felt a lump in my throat "uh he's in prison baby, he's never going to be able to try and hurt us again"

"I heard daddy say he was dead," he said bluntly.

I couldn't find the words to reply, I just stood there staring at him with my mouth open like a goldfish.

"I hope he is dead, I hate him"

"Tyler! You can't say things like that" I scolded him.

"mommy, he shouted at me, and he shouted at Romey?"

"He did?" This was the first time I was hearing anything about what happened whilst they were with Frankie and Olivia.

"Yep" he nodded matter of factly "and when the nice lady told him off, he wasn't very nice he pushed her on the floor and made her bleed"

"Olivia was nice huh?"

"Yeah, she would sneak me sweeties or chocolate when Frankie went out"

"That's nice of her" I smiled through the feeling of dread in my stomach.

"So can Frankie not be my uncle anymore"

"That's fine baby, now shall we get ready and go get daddy and go for lunch"

"Yesssss" he grinned

"McDonald's?" I rolled my eyes just as he was about to say it

"yes mama yes mama"

We drove to Coles Building and walking up to his office and the same familiar feeling of dread came up, did he have a new secretary? Was it a she? Was she pretty? Was he... NO ISABELLA STOP IT I scolded myself, cole had changed...  Hadn't he.

The elevator door pinged open and I pushed the stroller into the reception area, Tyler Bolted off to find his dad, I just stood there awkwardly, waiting for the inevitable, I could picture her.

Tall...

Blonde...

Supermodel looks...

But I was pleasantly surprised...

Shocked even.

A small grey-haired elderly lady came hobbling is, "Ah you must be Mrs Harvey, may I say your son has impeccable manners" she grinned before hurrying up to have a peak and Romany who was fast asleep "oh isn't she Darling" she gushed "I'm Nancy, but you can call me Nana"

"Please call me Bella" I smiled "Mr Harvey will only be a moment, he's just finishing off a phone call" she hurried back behind her desk and carried on tapping away on her computer, "Mr Harvey has asked me to book you a table at the new bistro down the road, I've heard they do an amazing Spanish Gazpacho"

I smiled nervously knowing Tyler would have a breakdown if he didn't get his happy meal, but Nancy glanced up from behind her huge old fashioned glasses "But he's requested them have a happy meal waiting for Tyler, it is a hamburger he has?"

"Yess that's right" I chuckled, I should have known Cole would be that extra, a few moments later he came walking out of his office with Tyler on his shoulders "There are my two favourite girls" he grinned planting a kiss on my head, he seemed in a really good mood, that break had done us all the world of good.

"Are you ready, because I'm famished, are you coming nance?" he asked.

"Uh Mr Harvey, I couldn't! I would have to remortgage my apartment just for a glass of water in there, I'm fine dear, I have a lot to catch up on"

"Nancy, it's my treat, after all, we are celebrating"

"Celebrating?" Nancy and I both said at the same time with the exact same confused look on our faces.

"ahh, ladies all in good time" he grinned mischievously.

"Cole what are you up to" I laughed following him out the door.

The restaurant was even more over the top than I imagined, and Nancy was right, just the thought of a starter each was making my palms sweaty, the white and Gold marble made the place look huge, we were escorted to a quiet table overlooking a lake, the cold December weather only added to its charm, waiters hurried over with a bucket of champagne, and a handful of glasses.

"So what's all the celebrating for?" I asked taking a sip of champagne

"Well" Suddenly Cole Harvey, the hard-faced multi-millionaire blushed!!

"Fuck it" he took a deep breath "My Bella, will you marry me... Again!