Fourteen

We pulled up outside Coles parent's house, and I felt the same familiar knot in my stomach I used to feel every single time before "do we really have to do this?" I groaned.

Cole squeezed my leg "You'll be fine, I promise"

"Mama where are we?" Tyler's little voice came from the back of the car.

Cole and I glanced at each other "Were at your Grandma and Grandpa's house, we thought it was about time they got to meet you"

"my friend Kyle had a grandma, she used to bring us candy" he grinned.

We climbed out the car and headed up the stairs to the two huge handcrafted solid oak doors, Vivian must have heard coles car because she came flying to the door and pulled it open with a big beaming smile "Cole!!" she said excitedly before stopping in her tracks "wait for Isabella?" she looked as confused as ever, she looked down at my legs at Tyler who was gripping on for dear life.

"Meet your grandson Tyler ma" Cole grinned.

"My What?" she spluttered looking as if she was going to pass out "how? When? I need a drink" she hurried inside.

"Come in" Cole ushered.

I could feel my legs shaking, Vivian came walking back in with a tray of drinks "here" she handed Cole a small glass of whiskey "Bella" she smiled like actually smiled and handed me a glass of champagne "and here you go, uh Tyler" she bent down handing him a glass of fruit juice with a huge slice of pineapple on the rim.

"Thank you" he mumbled still clutching my leg with one arm and the huge glass within his other hand.

"I have a grandson," she said out loud looking from Cole and then back to Tyler "How Long have you known?" she suddenly gave cole a disapproving stare.

"Two weeks, I bumped into Bella at a meeting, and here we are"

"And what does that blonde tramp have to say about it? Not too happy I bet"

"Olivia and I are no longer together," he said bluntly, Vivian's face turned from a scowl to a massive smile.

"And that is the second-best news I have heard all day" She turned to me, "And how have you been Bella? it couldn't have been easy bringing up a child alone"

"I did my best, I was lucky to be surrounded by good people, Tyler has wanted for nothing" I smiled "I'm sorry I didn't tell any of you sooner... I just"

"No need to Explain darling" she waved her hand "I would have done the exact same, I was disgusted when I found out what he had done, that woman was nothing but trouble" she turned to Cole who flinched at her words.

"Can we not Infront of Tyler please? " Cole asked, "Where's dad?"

"he'll be down in a Moment he was just on the phone" she smiled.

"So Tyler I'm your grandma!" she Let out a laugh "oh how wonderful it is to be saying that"

"Hi," he said quietly still unbearably shy.

"Your grandma Ed will be down in a moment, he's going to love having a little boy around the house again"

"is he nice daddy?" Tyler looked up at Cole, who scooped him up in his arms.

"He is the best! And guess what?"

"what?" Tyler frowned.

"he LOVES dinosaurs too"

"what! Like me?" Tyler screeched, his shyness had clearly disappeared.

Eddie came downstairs and as Vivian predicted he absolutely adored Tyler, the whole night Tyler wouldn't leave him alone, his favourite thing was Eddie's pocket watch that he kept in his top pocket.

I sat in the corner watching Cole zoom Tyler around the room like he was superman, I just happened to catch Vivian and Eddie watch them too, they both looked immensely proud, and then came that pang of guilt again...

As angry as I was at Cole, I can't deny him or his family Tyler, he was a good boy and already missed out on having a real family because cole and I were immature.

On the way home Tyler was playing on the Ipad, the dark skies were so clear you could see each and every star that twinkled in the sky, My heartfelt content, for the first time in a long time I felt like Tyler and I was a part of something.

"Cole?" I asked.

"Yeah?" He raised his eyebrows not taking his eyes off the road.

"Was you being serious about trying again?"

"Yeah! Yeah, Bella, I'm sure!" He said his eyes lighting up.

"No more lies and no more secrets, if we want this to work we have to be truthful with each other"

"Bella, I promise you! I will not let you down, you and Tyler are my everything, I won't lose you both again"

"I know you won't, well I hope you won't, it's just going to take time for us to get back to where we were"

"I'm down for that, are you?" he turned to me and smiled.

"mhmm" I nodded as he put his hand on my leg giving me a reassuring squeeze.

"I love you Bella"

"I know you do Cole"