Six

When I arrived at work Tuesday morning my boss colin was beaming from ear to ear "I don't know what you did Bella but you knocked that meeting out the ballpark, we've got the contract"

"We did?"

"yes we sure did, Mr Harvey himself rang to offer it to us personally himself"

"wow uh, congratulations" I smiled.

"have the rest of the day off and I'll see you at the company dinner tonight"

"Are you sure?"

"of course I am, go get your hair painted or whatever it is you Young ladies do to it"

"thank you colin, I'll see you tonight"

At home, I tried to have a relaxing bath but anybody with a child will know that that's almost impossible, I slid on my fitted lace mermaid style dress on, it fit me like a second skin, I Smiled as I admired my curves in the mirror, I'd barely had time to put my shoes on when I heard the familiar honk,

"Mama uncle Frankies here" Tyler screamed, Frankie was my best friend, he offered me a job at his law firm and even offered me help with sorting a divorce out, he had been a lifesaver to me and Tyler adored him.

"oh look at you" Frankie whistled he walked through the door "doesn't she look smoking Ty"

"yeah you look like a queen Mumma"

"thankyou baby"

"what's up with you? You look... Thoughtful"

"Coles back" I gritted my teeth.

"what Cole Cole" he looked as shocked as I was.

"How was he with Ty, does he know about him?"

"he was great with him" I shrugged

"and how was he with you?"

"Okay, very remorseful, but okay he didn't seem too angry, I mean I would have flipped"

"he's an idiot, I hope he really knows how much of an awesome dude he's missed out on" he ruffled Tyler's hair, Frankie was super protective over me and Tyler and we had a strict friendship only relationship, I'm not going to lie we had a brief thing a few years ago, but it was weird and we were better off as best friends.

We arrived at the hotel where the. Dinner was being held an hour and a half later, the hotel was huge, and the grounds where immaculate, the foyer was packed, with CEO's, Directors and loads of company investors, Frankie and I were seated with my boss colin and his wife Elena and The big boss Mr Markham and his wife, so I felt like a big shot when in reality I was a small fish in the middle of a huge ocean of sharks.

"Frankie I'm just going to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back" I whispered trying to leave the table. Inconspicuously.

I made my way through the muddle of guests and enjoyed the peace and space in the bathroom, I hated this kind of events, it was classed as not work but you still had to work, so I was always on edge and trying to act professional, as I left the bathroom, I was busy fastening my purse when I accidentally bumped into somebody.

"oh I'm sorry-" I started "Cole, what are you doing here?"

"Isabella! I uh" his demeanour changed he suddenly acted shiftily.

"Bella desserts here" Frankie waved from the table.

"I've got to go"

"who's that?" he grabbed my wrist

"A friend now gets your hands off me" as I pulled my hand away I saw her, the unmistakable bleached blonde hair, and the orange fake tan Olivia...

Why the hell is she walking over here.

"I wondered where you shot off to coley bear"

Wait what did she just call him

I stood there dumbfounded, she clearly didn't recognise me, "am I going to introduce myself?" she said with sheer jealousy in her voice

"Sorry Miss Watson, this is my girlfriend Olivia," he said tonelessly, he was like a rabbit caught in headlights.

"Fiancé" she added sourly "I'm sure he's told you all about me" she flashed her fake white veneers.

"you're all he ever talks about" I lied shooting cole a quick look

"oh he is the sweetest thing" she pinched his cheek before grabbing his arm "come on I want another champagne" and dragging him away towards the bar.

"Bella, I've been shouting you," Frankie said finally coming over to me "are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost"

"one two many for a week frank"

"who was that?"

"Cole" I grimaced.

"and the trashy blonde bimbo," he asked as he watched them walk away I looked at him, and he knew instantly

"ew, she's worse than you described" he pulled a sick face.

We got back to the table and I drank as much free champagne as I could, I wanted out of there, "are you ready to leave the ball cinderella" Frankie asked noticing I had drunk a little too much.

"Get me out of here" we stood up to leave but all the champagne ran to my head "woahhh" I laughed as I nearly fell into a nearby table," it's the shoes" I protested drunkenly.

"come here" Frankie grinned swooping me up in his arms.

"Since when did you become a gentleman" I joked flirtatiously.

"since you needed a damsel in distress" I'm going to blame the drink but I kissed him, it was completely unplanned, we were broken up by a cough, I turned to see who it was and it was cole and Olivia.

"Aww, I remember when you used to kiss me as that" Olivia smiled, Cole just grunted and hurried out the door.

I stuck my finger up behind him, which was quickly stopped by Frankie...

I fell asleep on the way home and woke up almost falling out of the car when Frankie pulled the door open.

"come on sleeping beauty, let's get you to bed" he carried me Upstairs and placed me in bed brushing the hair out of my face.

"Goodnight Frankie" I yawned as he shut the bedroom door.