sixteen

I woke up a few days later in hospital, with a worried looking cole sat by my bedside.

"Bella! You're awake" he said softly.

My head was pounding, I reached up to grab it and felt a huge bandage "what happened? Where's Tyler?" I groaned.

"You banged your head, But you're going to make a full recovery" he smiled "And Tyler's with my mom and dad, and yes he's fine, he's keeping them on their toes"

"What about Frankie and Olivia?"

"what about them?" he said bluntly.

"I remember a gunshot! What happened Cole?" I felt as though I was going to have a heart as if I knew the impending doom that was coming, cole stood up and walked to the Door closing it quietly before walking back over to the bed.

"Bella, I need to tell you something, but you need to stay calm"

"Cole you're scaring me what's happened?"

"What do you remember?" he Placed his hand on mine.

"Uh, I don't know I remember Frankie and Olivia and a gunshot" the colour drained from my face, I felt sick rising in my throat.

"he had a gun pointed to your head Bella, I thought he was going to kill you so i..."

"you killed him?" I spluttered.

"It was either you or him Belle! I didn't have a choice"

"And Olivia?"

"she's been dealt with," he said bluntly.

"what even happened? Why where they even together"

"Long story short, Olivia sought him out and the pair got into a relationship, and either Olivia poisoned Frankie against your or the pair where brought together over their hatred over us"

"But Frankie would never cole, he loved Tyler like a son, I don't understand why he would do that"

"Olivia can be quiet persuasive when she wants to be"

"and where is she now?"

"I've told you, she's been dealt with"

"And what do you mean by that? Am. I go to him constantly looking over my shoulder for the rest of my life?"

"No," he said bluntly

"what do you mean no? In fact, don't tell me, I don't want to know"

"My moms bringing Tyler up this afternoon, I thought it would cheer you up," he said gently

"I just want to go home cole, I don't want to be here"

"I know baby, as soon as you're allowed you can"

"I can't believe he's dead" I could feel a lump in my throat.

"I'm so sorry Bella, I didn't have a choice"

"I just don't get why he would want to hurt me cole, he was my best fucking friend"

"Bella you need to calm down, you're going to get yourself in a state"

They kept me in the hospital another night and they finally let me home, Tyler and laura had spent the morning with making banners and drawing pictures for my return, and He had demanded that we have a McDonald's for dinner because of his words - "McDonald's makes me feel better".

I couldn't bring myself to go into the lounge, I couldn't see the spot where my best friend tried to kill me, "what did the police say?" I asked looking at the closed lounge door.

"Police?" cole frowned.

"Well yeah, sure they were involved"

"Oh, yeah uh nothing they called it as Self-defence, No further action"

"So money really does talk?" I sighed, I felt as though all of this my why fault.

"Do not worry your pretty little head my sweet, Everything is fine, both of them are out of our lives for good?"

"But are you sure?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yes Bella I'm sure" He kissed my forehead.

"Mama, did they make you better?" Tyler asked sitting gently on my knee.

"Yes, baby they did" I smiled, tickling him making him squirm on my knee.

"So if you're better" he raised his eyebrow, "can I go back to school?"

"Uh... Not yet" I looked at Cole nervously.

"why?" Cole frowned.

"I just don't feel safe him not being with me"

"Bella, I promise this is all over with we can move on with our lives, Me, you and Tyler"

"I know, I just..."

"Private school doesn't seem to bad now does it?" Cole joked trying to ease the tension.

"neither does homeschooling" I smiled.

"How about a holiday?"

"where too?" I frowned.

"I don't know somewhere we can forget about everything!, how about Hawaii?" he shrugged.

"Hawaii?"

"Yeah, I've read Jurassic Park was filmed there, Ty would love it"

"cole are you sure?"

"of course I'm sure, what sounds better than my two favourite people on a private beach for two whole weeks"

"Sounds like paradise" I smiled.

"well go get packing" he kissed the top of my head.