Willow's past pt. 2

I mutter to myself as I make my way through the woods. It's been about a year since my mom was taken away, I'm 7 now. I've learned that nothing in life is permanent and the only way to be happy is by pushing forwards. If you want to make friends, make them, but they won't stay. I listen as I hear footsteps again, I gulp and hide behind a tree. But I hear something like metal clinging, not thick, hard metal, skinny, small pieces of metal. I look out from the tree to see a small husky pup with a collar on it. I reach down to it slowly and read the name. "Spirit" I say out loud and she looks up at me, like she knew I said her name. I smile at her and pet her head softly. She barks happily and licks my hand, rolling over onto her stomach. I pet her belly for a few minutes, but freeze after I hear yelling. "They're here..." I get up and pick up the pup, running into a random direction. The voices went away and I let out a happy sigh. I look around, trying to find out where we are. I gulp and look at Spirit. "Know a way out, girl?" I set her on the ground and she begins to lead me towards an opening in the woods. My first thought is that this dog is working for the guards and was sent to bring me back to the village to be executed. I slowed down as we made it to the opening. Spirit looks back and tilts her head. I shake my head and continue to run into the clearing. 'It's either I trust this dog and either be safe or get caught, or I could stay out here and get caught for sure. I'd rather take my chances with the dog' I think as I slow down into the clearing. My eyes widen at the giant mansion that was sat there. I stare into the door for a few moments, noticing there were people in there. Not guards, people. I smile and hug Spirit tightly. "Good girl" I kiss the top of her head and nuzzle into her fur. Spirit licks my face, before leading me into the mansion. I look down awkwardly, not used to conversing with people, since I was in the woods for a year. "Hello, what's your name?" One of the boys ask me, smiling down at me. "W-willow. U-umm... May I st-stay here?" I smile up at them apologetically. "I'm Will, and of course. If we can adopt you" I watch as Will motions to the other boy and himself. 'They're... Gay. That's adorable' I smile wide "A home and parents?!" My smile widens and I feel tears falling down my face. "Woah, don't cry" Will runs over and hugs me. "I'm sorry, I'm just so happy... I lost my family a while ago and... You guys are the best" I hug Will back tightly. "Welcome home, young one. I'm Dipper. That little pup is Spirit, and I have a twin sister upstairs named Mabel. She's been acting a little weird lately, so I'd stay away from her" Dipper pats my head and goes back to making breakfast. "Where do you want your room?" Will begins to lead me to the stairs. "Can I share a room with Spirit? It's just... I had a pup as a friend before..." I begin to think about the small pup, but shake away the thought quickly. "Of course! Her room is right here, unless you wanna stay upstairs with us. Not in our room, we have more rooms up there" Will motions to Spirit's room. "I'll stay down here, thank you so much" I hug Will again. "No problem" Will walks back into the kitchen and helps Dipper finish breakfast.