Chapter 16

(Video: Black Butler Season 2 Bloopers)

Claude: My spectacles...

J Michael Tatum: *breaks character* WHAT?

(your name) sighed as she stumbled through the doorway to the living, carrying shopping bags full of stuff she bought for the cats.

"Guys, come see what I bought!" she yelled, dumping the bags onto the sofa. The cats all cane skidding into the living room, tripping over each other in their haste to get to her. At the back, Claude, Sebastian and William were waking calmly, completely tired with the others' stupidity. Alois, who managed to get to the front of the stampede of cats, jumped up and landed in (your name)'s lap.

"(your name)! What did you get?" Alois demanded, pawing at her face. Soon Grell, Undertaker, Ronald and Ciel joined him, drowning (your name) in a sea of fur. The other three sat next to her; Sebastian looking amused while Claude and William looked fed up with their enthusiasm.

"I'll show you if you stop smothering me!" (your name) said, shoving them off of her face. They all sat down next to her -joining the other three- and sat there, looking to her expectantly. (your name) sighed out of annoyance, but it soon turned into a muttered laugh as she reached over the armrest to get to one of the bags. (My phone autocorrected 'bags' to 'bagels' for a bit there)

"The first thing is for Undertaker," she grunted, heaving the object out of the bag. Undertaker's covered eyes lit up at the sight. (your name) pulled out a small, toy coffin, big enough for Undertaker to sleep in. She opened it for him to try it out; he jumped in and closed the lid behind him.

"My, my, it's wonderful (your name). Thank you," Undertaker said, sliding open the coffin door with his paw so that only half his face could be seen. His eyes flowed a chartreuse colour similar to hat of a Reaper's.

"The other things are for all of you. Close your eyes. That means you too, Alois," Alois cackled and closed his eyes along with the others. (your name) picked out eight different bows and tied them around each of their necks. "Okay, now... Open!" (Cat, stop sitting on my face ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ) As soon as they opened their eyes, Grell, Undertaker and Alois squealed, Ciel groaned, Sebastian smiled and Claude and William looked indifferent. Sebastian had a red bow tied around his neck, Claude a gold one, Ciel a navy blue one, Alois a purple one, Grell a red-and-white striped one, Undertaker a black one, William a white one and Ronald an orange one.

"Oh no, she's turning into Elizabeth," Ciel groaned.

"But you look adorable in that, Ciel."

"Now she really does sound like her," Ciel said, slightly scared for his safety.

"Oh, and mine looks just like the one I had before! It's simply gorgeous, (your name)" Grell said, puffing our his chest proudly to show off his bow, his shark-like teeth gleaming in the sunlight.

"I am deeply gracious that you would go to such lengths for a humble servant. Your generosity overwhelms me," Sebastian said as he and Claude both bowed their heads in thanks. 'I'm just gonna ignore the fact that he used that on Elizabeth too'  (your name) thought to herself, smiling.

~~~///~~~

"I'd never though I'd say this, but I miss doing work around the manor, yes i do," Mey-Rin said miserably as she sat at the servants' table in the kitchen with Finny and Bard. They had finished all their work without messing up  thrice over, and yet there still was no sign of Sebastian and Ciel. 

"Yeah, i know wha' you mean," Bard groaned as his cigarette burned out. He reached into the front pocket of his uniform and pulled out a lighter, re-igniting the cigartte clamped in between his teeth. "Ever since they left, Sebastian let all the work for us to do. But now, he's taking his damn time in getting back."

"It's not like they can just leave when they've been kidnapped," Funny said miserably,  rubbing the back of his neck where the number in the back of his neck was tattooed. Seeing this, Bard firmly grasped the younger boy's shoulder. "Sorry, kid, didn't mean to bring that up," he apologised.

"It's alright, I just hope Master Ciel and Mr Sebastian aren't hurt," he said, laying his chin on top of the wooden surface.

"I know," Bard sighed, closing his eyes and crossing his arms.

"I don't know what we'll do without them, no I don't!" Mey-Rin sniffed, her hazel eyes tearing up slightly behind her large glasses.

///~~~///

"This is boring," Sascha, a Grim Reaper from the German Grim Reaper Dispatch, groaned. Their usual over enthusiastic demeanour now turned gloomy because of the disappearances of Grell, Ronald and William. Their partner, Ludger, groaned.

"I honestly couldn't care less if they're gone, but, out of all the Grim Reapers, why did they give all the extra overtime to me!" Ludger demanding, his fist smacking the wooden desk he was sat at. "At this rate, we won't even be able to get out in the field!"

Sascha picked at their fingernails, bored. "I'm not surprised at Grell and Ronald ditching their duties, but William? Never thought he had it in him to miss even a minute of work."

"What are you suggesting then?" Ludger looked up at his partner, head in hand, with his elbow propped up against the wooden surface. "You saying they're at their Judgement Day?"

"No, the Dispatch in this country at least  would've known. And surely they themselves would know when it is? They could've been taken, don't you think?"

Ludger thought for a moment before responding. "You saying they were kidnapped or something?"

"Possibly," Sascha replied simply.

"But who would've done it? The demons? Angels? The angles have been a bit nosy nowadays."

"Only Grim Reapers can enter any of the Dispatches, so I don't think it's them."

"They could've been taken while they were reaping a soul," Ludger reasoned with them.

"Hm, yes, fair point," Sascha tapped their chin, deep in thought. "D'you think we should take it up with the higher ups?"

"Nah, they're probably sending out others looking for them," Ludger dismissed half-heartedly. "All I care about is them returning so that I don't have to do extra overtime!"

"Yeah, lets just hope they are..."

Hey guys, I hope you're enjoying the story so far, and thank you guys so much for all the feedback and support on this, it really means a lot to me. I apologise for not updating sooner, I have just moved school, already being somewhat bullied (yay) and I've been stressed beyond reason. Not to mention they won't allow us to move into the house we bought, eventhough we should've in mid August. Thanks again for reading, and I promise I'll try to update as frequently as I can. Love you guys~

~Kira~

Quotev Account: KiraTheShinigami

Word Count: 1165