Chapter 39

#AloisIsAFish

It's fun when your teacher plays SexyBack, Gay or European and 50 Ways To Say Goodbye for you while you play table tennis...

Also, sorry for my German. I can't German for the life of me, so don't judge me if it's wrong (T^T)

Edward held Elizabeth with his paws as she shook, tears leaking from her eyes. "We're going to die in here!" she wailed.

"Es gibt schlimmere Dinge als den Tod..." Wolfram muttered, his shaggy fur puffing up slightly. Sieglinde nodded slowly in agreement. They all jumped when a loud crash echoed throughout the building.

"The hell...?" Alois asked, peering into the darkness.

~~

There was a great crash as Claude kicked open the bolted door- splintered shards of wood flew in all directions. (your name) flinched, then gawked at the demon. "Was that really necessary?" she asked exasperatedly.

"It was locked," Claude responded simply. Sebastian glanced around at the mess strewn about the floor and shook his head, eyes closing as he sighed.

They froze at the sound of slow, clacking footsteps of heeled shoes. In the shadows, they could barely make out a figure approaching. Clouds overhead shifted, allowing the pale moonlight to shine in through the windows, illuminating the room and the approaching figure. the figure stopped, hands clasped together over her stomach. Her long, chestnut brown hair was curled, spilling around her shoulders and down here back; her large, emerald green eyes had a doll-like, blank stare, the moonlight reflecting off of its surface. She donned a pale pink dress, white lace decorating the innumerable amount of frills; her bonnet possessing the same white lacing on its edges. A pair of rose-coloured heeled shoes were worn on her porcelain-like skin.

A red ribbon glinted in the midst of her wavy hair.

Claude and Sebastian each drew long, silver knives, each blade sharpened to a sinister, jagged point. "(your name), I would advise you to step back," Sebastian warned. The moon's light disappeared from sight, plunging them into an almost permanent darkness. When the light returned, the girl had silently disappeared from sight. The demons' bodies went rigid; they glanced about them. 

A red ribbon fluttered gently down onto (your name)'s head, one end dangling in front of her face. Claude and Sebastian looked at the ribbon warily. They all looked up.

A small, dusty chandelier hung from the ceiling, swaying slightly. Swaying?

The girl hung from the end, clinging on to the candelabra. She peered down at them with her blank stare. Sebastian tucked away his knives and leapt forward, pulling (your name) out of the way just in time: the girl let go of the candelabra, crashing to the ground with a dull thunk. Her head came clean off, rolling a short distance away from her body, leaking out sawdust. Sebastian knelt down to inspect.

"Ah," Sebastian stood up with a flick of his tailcoat. "I believe my master has some experience with these dolls."

"I remember this episode," (your name) thought aloud to herself. "Wait..." she turned to face Sebastian and Claude. "Does that mean...-?"

She was interrupted by the sound of more footsteps, singing, and a music box. The flickering light of a candle, lighting up the corpse of the fallen doll. More dolls- a doll in the form of a young boy or two could be seen in between the girls, decked out in shorts, boots and cap- approached, hardly making a sound as they walked. A tall figure stood among them, his flaming red hair the colour of the flame on the candle. He slowly wound the music box around his neck with a steady hand, his voice unwavering as he sang. 

"London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down. London Bridge is falling down, my fair Lady."

Chills ran down (your name)'s spine as he sang. "Drossel Keinz," she breathed out, a small smile appearing on her face.

Hearing his name, Drossel's attention flickered to (your name), pausing his singing. He approached, leaving behind his army of human-dolls. He walked right up to (your name), intently gazing into her (eye colour) orbs. He gently grasped her chin in between his thumb and forefinger, moving it to the side, gaze drifting over her jaw line, right up to the (hair colour) hair that lay atop her head. "I thought to myself: 'This one will make an extra special doll, for an extra special person.'"

Claude stepped forward, knives drawn protectively as he pulled (your name) away from Drossel. "You will not be making her into a doll," he growled, baring his fanged teeth menacingly. "I do not sense that you are human. What are you?"

"I reasoned, that I'm supposed to be human, however, lately, termites seem to be falling out of my ears," Drossel responded monotonously, his features remaining unchanged. He raised his left hand and hit the side of his head, a couple of termites and little bits of wheat and straw flying out the other ear. "So I think to myself: 'I don't think I'll be able to answer that question fully.'"

"Enough talk!" Claude growled, the flickering candlelight causing his glasses to flash a blinding white for a moment, before returning to normal. He lunged at Drossel, thrusting a handful of knives at Drossel's head. A doll threw herself in front of Claude, impaling herself with the sharp blades, sawdust pouring out like blood. Sebastian joined Claude, but not before barking at (your name): "(your name)! Go find the young master and the others!"

(your name) nodded and fought her way through the onslaught of bodies. She reached the door at the other end of the room and turned to look back, seeing Sebastian and Claude trying in vain to get to Drossel. She opened the door with a deafening creak and ran inside slamming the door behind her.

Word count: 956