Chapter 22

"So, is jy net gaan verlaat my hier met (jonger broer of suster naam se) sodat jy en Pa kan gaan op vakansie na Skotland?" (So, you're just gonna leave me here with (younger sibling's name) so that you and Dad can go on holiday to Scotland?) (your name) asked while talked to her mother over the phone with the Black Butler gang listening on in the background, neverming the fact that they have no idea what she's saying. (mum's name), (your name)'a mum, had called her in the early hours of the morning, just to tell her this.

"Ons hom nie verlaat, hy gaan jy!" (We're not leaving him, he's going to have you!) shouted the voice of (your name)'s dad in the background- the phone must be on speaker.

"Ja, want dit is sooo baie beter," (Yes, because that's so much better) (your name) said sarcastically while her dad laughed in the background. "Dit is 4; 30 in die oggend, hoekom vertel jy my nou?" (it's 4:30 in the morning, why are you telling me this now?)

"Because we're on our way there!" (your name)'s brother/sister yelled from the back seat of the car, despite not speaking Afrikaans, and managed to understand what she had said.

"Goed, hoekom? Hoekom is hy / sy bly by my?" (okay, why? Why is he/she staying with me?) (your name) asked, now getting slowly out of bed. " If anything, moet hy / sy by die skool?" (...shouldn't he/she be at school?)

"Hy / sy kan eintlik kry om skool vinniger deur jou huis as ons se. As jy hom / haar 'n spaarsleutel gee, dit wil sê," (He/she can actually get to school quicker by your house than our's. If you give him/her a spare key, that is) (mum's Name) said. (your name) could just about hear the smirk in her tone of voice.

"Fine, fine, whatever! Hoe lank is hy/ sy bly?" (...How long is he/she staying?) (your name) asked as she sat in the living room, the cats sitting around her on the sofa.

"Ag, net 'n week. Moenie bekommerd wees nie, sal ons hom / haar af jou hande in no-time!" (Oh, don't worry. We'll have him/her off your hands in no time!) (Mum's name) said cheerfully. Through the phone, (your name) could hear the bustle of early-morning traffic and the steady rumble of the (last name) family car.

"Fine," she grumbled, getting up. "See you in about an hour. Lief vir jou." (love you)

"Lief vir jou ook, liefie," (love you too, love) (your name)'s min said back before she hung up.

"Who was that, (your name)?" Alois asked, swirling around her feet as she moved about the flat to get ready. "Tell me now!"

"My mother, Alois."

"And what did she want?" Alois didn't stop swirling around her feet as he asked this; (your name) tried her best to not trip over him as he did so.

"My little (brother/sister) is staying over for a while," (your name) said simply.

///~~~///

Bard and Mey-Rin were busy putting things away and cleaning the kitchen in silence, disheartened by the dullness life has become within the manor as soon as Ciel and Sebastian were taken. Tanaka was with the other guests, watching over them, Finny was in the garden, tending to the flowers, while Snake helped him, stopping him every once and a while from accidentally spilling pesticide and other chemicals over their delicate petals. Soon, night had fallen, and the two were still in the kitchen, discussing what they were to be doing the next day.

There was a great shattering of glass as two figures dressed in white and wielding gold-caged rapiers. The shorter one- Charles Grey-  wore trousers tucked into knee-high boots, over which are knee-high spats that have striped tops and bows. He left his white swallowtail coat unfastened, exposing a dark, lace-embellished, button-down shirt with a thin, long bow tie around his neck. Over his left breast, he donned a pin that consists of a bow with a profile view of hanging below it on a short chain. Grey had shaggy silver hair, of which most is about chin-length, except for some locks at the rear of his head that extended to the middle of his back, and his forelocks were choppy and uneven. He is roughly a head shorter than the other man beside him, and is rather boyish in appearance with a skinny body and young facial features that consisted of silver eyes and long eyelashes.