Chapter 19

(Video: Havana Black Butler CMV)
"Yes, thank you for stating the obvious, I am a deer" -Sebastian Michaelis.

"What's the next step, Sebastian?" (your name) asked as she put in a final spoonful of chocolate curry into the final disc made of dough, then wrapping the edges around the filling, creating an almost perfectly circular bun. She dusted the flour off of her hands onto her light green apron that said 'Usa~Chan' with a little pink bunny from Ouran High School Host Club, and looked up to Sebastian expectantly, who was sitting on the counter beside her, watching over her.

"Place the buns into the frying pan with precisely an inch of oil. Then, fry them at a medium until they are golden brown in colour on both sides," Sebastian smiled and closed his ruby-coloured eyes. Ciel and Alois wandered in, smelling the scent of food wafting throughout the house. The oil bubbled and spat at (your name) from within the pan, the intoxicating aroma of curry ever-present. (your name) picked up the pair of tongs beside Sebastian and grabbed the nearest bun, flipping it over so that the golden-brown bottom was revealed; the oil hissed and spat once again as the other side of the bun came in contact with it.

Recipe for chocolate curry buns from the anime: http://animerecipes.tumblr.com/post/126807283827/chocolate-curry-buns-black-butler-so-this-is

After the buns finished frying, (your name) used the tongs to once again lift up each bun individually and positioned them into a large, glass bowl to cool off to the side.  

"What are you making, (your name)?" asked Ciel, looking up at her with his mismatched eyes,  his bow glittering in the light flooding in from the window.

"Curry buns, Sebastian's speciality," she smiled down at him before crouching down on her knees and giving him a scratch behind the ears. Despite his so-called 'pride', he purred loudly and rubbed his face against (your name)'s hand; Sebastian chuckled quietly at how cute his young master was with the large bow tied around his neck, as well as the extra loud purring. Hearing him chuckle, (your name) scratched behind his ears also, all the Ciel glared at Sebastian, the butler, for laughing at him, the master. 

"What are curry buns?" Alois asked confusedly.

"A dish Michaelis created himself, Your Highness," Claude replied monotonously, walking into the room with a bored look, with an equally bored looking William, who was muttering under his breath about something that sounded like 'overtime'.

"Well, can I try one?" he asked, jumping up against (your name)'s leg, clawing the fabric covering it.

"Not just yet, Alois, they need to cool down first," (your name) unhooked his claws from her trousers and put her arms behind her back, untying the knot that ensured her apron stayed on. Once it came undone, she slipped it off and hung it on a small, wooden pole that stuck out from behind the door. She reached up and untied her (hair length), (hair colour) from its ponytail and wiped the sweat from her brow, closing her (eye colour) eyes briefly.

"Those curry buns should be cool enough," (your name) said, picking up the bowl containing the curry buns. " Who wants some?"

///???///

The blond-haired man was sat down amidst a sea of red blood and fallen soldiers, all clad in crimson uniform with golden trimmings and white cuffs. He raised his rifle and aimed, ready to fire at an oncoming enemy soldier, when a cacophony of gunshots ripped through the air, causing him to lower his lower his rifle and look behind him; what he saw made him drop his rifle in shock. 

His comrades were all dead, a look of shock and anguish etched into every line and wrinkle on their faces, blood soaking various places that held their vital organs- one even had a bullet hole that went straight through to the other side, in between his eyes.

His closest friend, Smithy, whom was sat beside him, coughed up blood, gagging. Smithy stretched out his arm, which was soaked in his own blood. He tried to speak, but a horrible gagging, spluttering sound was heard instead.

"I'm sorry," he managed to choke out before collapsing on the ground- dead- hand resting upon the other's knee. Just then, a long, overcast figure loomed over him. The man looked up, fearing it be an enemy soldier, and gazed into haunting, red eyes-

Bard woke up from the memory with a start, looking around himself cautiously. He was laying in bed, wearing his sleep clothes; the bed resided in the male servants' room, with another bed to it's right, containing Finny. Finny yawned and slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes; he was also wearing his night clothes, a long, white sleeping cap perched on top his hair.

"Is... is it... time to wake up?" he said, staring groggily at Bardroy.

"No, kid, sorry I woke you up. Go back to sleep," Bard whispered apologetically to the sixteen-year-old gardener he shared a room with.

"Oh... okay," Finny said before nestling himself in between mattress and duvet, and fell asleep immediately, snoring softly into his pillow. Bard smiled at the innocent smile on Finny's face, and soon fell asleep too, trying to not remember that day.

Quotev account: KiraTheShinigami

Word Count 872

Below: it's a hard knock life, meme edition