Chapter 34

"This is extremely awkward," (your name) muttered, leaning against the wall with Sebastian, Claude and Undertaker. They had broke into Aleister Chamber's, also widely known as the Viscount of Druitt, manor to attend a masquerade ball he was hosting that night. To match with her dress, a bottle green mask covered her eyes, black lace spiralling across her brow, her (eye colour) eyes dull with distaste. Her (hair length) hair was pinned back out of her face with innumerable pearls of different sizes twinkling in the light of the candles set into the walls and the large chandeliers hanging from the intricately decorated ceiling. Thank you, Sebastian, she thought to herself. She watched as men and women bowed and curtsied to each other at the end of the song.

Undertaker giggled from his spot on the wall next to (your name), teeth glinting in the light. Many of the men in the room looked curiously at (your name), eyeing her waist and the pearls, presuming her to be the daughter of a rich nobleman. (your name) groaned out in boredom, shutting her eyes.

"May I have this dance, dear starling?" (your name) opened her eyes to be greeted with a lavender gaze, the long blond hair framing the handsome man's face. She suppressed a shiver, and instead smiled sweetly to the man in front of him.

Noticing the encouraging nod of the head from Undertaker, she extended her arm to be taken by Aleister. "Why, of course you may."

The Viscount led (your name) out into the centre of the dance floor, making her only all too aware of the jealous stares coming from multiple different women, and placed a hand on her waist and other grasping her right hand. She placed her free hand onto his shoulder and cringed internally at the close proximity between the two. God, I know how Ciel feels now, she thought irritably to herself. The band started playing, the violins playing that iconic three-beat tune. The Viscount initiated the dance, stepping forward just as (your name) stepped back, their dancing forms right in the throng of other dancing pairs.

Thinking back on the plan that the four of them had come up with, (your name) lowered her head slightly, smiling softly. "Viscount, I'm dreadfully bored of dancing. Do you have any other activities one might find entertaining?" she asked in a sweet, yet snobbish tone. A sinister smirk appeared to grace his features as he pulled her closer to him, sending uncomfortable shock waves to course through (your name)'s body, a shiver going down her spine.

"I might have something in mind. But surely I needn't have to trouble such a lovely young starling such as yourself with such trifling matters?"

"Oh? What do you have in mind?"

I swear, I'm going to kill this freak! (your name) screamed in her head as the hand gripping her waist slipped a little downwards in a small, creeping motion. They broke apart from each other as the music ended, bowing and curtsying to the other. The Viscount leaned forward and whispered softly in her ear. "Come with me, my dear little starling, and you shall see."

Despite all her instincts screaming at her to punch that sly look off of his face, (your name) accepted, allowing the Viscount to take her hand once more and sweep her off of the dance floor and in through a door off the side of the hall. Quickly glancing over her shoulder, (your name) saw Undertaker urgently talking to Claude and Sebastian, putting their plan into motion. Their hand-in-hand stroll through the moonlit corridors could've been considered romantic, if only it wasn't for the uncomfortable tension (your name) was feeling.

"The moon looks beautiful tonight, doesn't it, dear starling?" (your name) nodded, really wishing she was as far away from the repulsive man beside her that she could be. They stopped just outside of a door. "Just through here, and let us see if you are entertain after this."

He held the door open for her, and she hesitantly stepped through. A faint glow came from a candelabra set on a dark oak chest of drawers. The light from the doorway ceased as the Viscount snapped the door shut behind him. (your name) heard the rustle of clothes as he drew something out from an inside pocket, a chuckle escaping from past his lips. (your name) spun around to meet his hungry gaze as he hid whatever he had in his hands held behind his back. "What did you have in mind, Viscount?"

Aleister stepped forward, and hand brushing the underside of her jaw. "You shall see now, my dear little starling."

Not being able to stand it anymore, ignoring the etiquette lessons from Sebastian, (your name) drew back her fist and punched him in the gap between his eyes, a large bruise already blossoming there. The Viscount dropped something on the floor as he went down. Suddenly, Undertaker, Sebastian and Claude burst into the room. Claude dropped down to the floor and got behind Aleister, restraining him, shoving his face into the carpeted floor. Sebastian plucked up the thing the Viscount had dropped- it was a small, cotton rag- and brought it to his nostrils, inhaling the strong scent of something intended for malicious use.

"Just as we suspected," Sebastian said scornfully, throwing the rag down next to the Viscount's head. "Chloroform. Reprehensible behaviour befitting of such a title as 'Viscount of Druitt' ."

Undertaker chortled, pushing Aleister's hair out his face, inspecting the angry purple bruise there. "Impressive work, (your name)!"

(your name) shivered in disgust. "Yeah, well, let's just hope he has the information we need. Please excuse me while I take a bath."

Many apologies for not updating in... two weeks? A bit more? A bit less? Give or take... I don't know anymore. I hope this chapter can make up for my absence, and I want to thank you for all your support and for the- according to Wattpad, anyway- the  26524 reads, the 820 votes, and the however many comments I get on here. Personal life has been getting in the way, and I've just been busy with a few things (I blame my girlfriend, who has been requesting a sh*t load of drawings, and who has also started to read this story... Hi, if you're reading this!), as well as the daily fears I have every day now since leaving my last school... *whispers* We don't talk about that!

Word count: 1071