1

Cheryl couldn't believe what her eyes were seeing. He dares to do this here? He dares to disrespect her parents as they are having their funeral? It was bad enough that he's been cheating on her. The pain has been intense and, well, excruciating is the only word that comes to mind. Enough is enough even her wolf agrees with her now, is begging her to reject the mate bond and end the agony.

Ignoring the fact that more than half the pack is in the room, Cheryl stands up on the stage. She ignores the microphone that is on but is off to her side. Her voice, normally quiet and unassuming takes on a much stronger and forceful tone this time.

"Enough, Eric! It is bad enough that you cheat on me, your mate, the one that you are supposed to love and protect above all others. It is bad enough that you cause me pain and have nearly killed my wolf from your cheating, but doing so blatantly, flagrantly disrespecting my parents at their own funeral? You are a disgrace as a werewolf and as part of this pack. I've had enough!"

Eric looks over to the girl that is his mate and smirks. He can't believe that his mate is so different from his personal taste in females. When he found out Cheryl was his mate he was disgusted. She is a nobody and her parents were only in the middle of the pack as fighters. He will likely be gamma if not beta when the new alpha, Matt, takes over. Cheryl is not worthy of him.

Cheryl is little more than a mouse of a wolf. Studious and smart perhaps, but that doesn't help the pack fight off rogues or enemies that would take their land. There is nothing that little bitch can do to him.

He is therefore shocked when the pain nearly cripples him at her words. "I, Cheryl Matlock, do hereby reject you, Eric Caroway as my mate." Cheryl's words drop like bombs among the pack. They hadn't known that they were mated. For a mated male to cheat on his female is almost unknown and the pain of such treatment can kill a wolf. That Cheryl still has her wolf tells them all that she is strong, as is her wolf.

Cheryl directs her next words to the bitch at Eric's side, "If he treats his mate like this, he will never treat you more than just a fuck buddy." With those words Cheryl gets down off the stage and goes over to the alpha.

"Alpha, please? I can't stay here any longer. The memories are just too painful. With my parents gone there is no further reason for me to stay."

"There is the pack in general," the alpha tries to reason with her and change her mind on the course she is set to follow.

"The pack was never really friendly to me. What friendliness was given me was more out of respect to my parents. I have no friends here, Alpha."

"What about your parents house?" The alpha looks at her sadly. He had no idea that her mate treated her so abysmally. 

"Sell it or rent it out for me or just watch over it if that is what you prefer it doesn't really matter to me. I have to leave pack lands soon anyway. I have finished my bachelor's and I am half way done with my master's. I'll need to do an internship in my chosen career before I'll be able to finish. I can only do that in the city."

"It's not safe out there for one as young as you, but if you insist. I have some friends that owe me. They'll keep watch over you. I will not relinquish the claim of the pack over you. You will be as if an independent, but have the full support of this pack. I have already found an apartment for you, not too far from the university." The alpha looks at the girl sadly. She looks so much like her mother.

"Thank you, Alpha, but once you retire your son might not wish to continue such support for me." Cheryl said. She likes Matt, he'll make a fair and decent alpha, just as his father has all these years. She knows that her alpha is just waiting for his son to find his mate before standing down and turning the pack over to Matt.