30

After resting they go to Eric's place and start packing his things, "I can't believe you're willing to give this up." Cheryl is more than a little intimidated by the size of his place. Eric comes from money and it shows.

Eric shrugs. The A-line house was never his favorite. He actually prefers Cheryl's place to this. "It's a place to live." His parents were good people, but not extremely loving. They had indulged him terribly growing up, that had a deep impact on his decision to not accept his mate.

He knows that his parents were disappointed that he was publicly rejected, but they were glad that Cheryl had. They didn't think much of her family. They were higher ranked in the pack and had more money.

Their attitude had rubbed off on Eric.

Now he's glad that they aren't here, they'd never accept Cheryl, even if it meant his death.

He can't believe he was like that and he's so thankful that Cheryl gave him a  wake up call. He's still not worthy of her, but he's far more so now than he was then.

The majority of the house he leaves. He rather likes Cheryl's apartment the way it is and doesn't see the need to change much. The exception being his television and dvd collection. Well most of it. Some of his videos he makes sure end in the trash, he won't be watching those kind of videos again.

Cheryl takes them out and looks at them. Smirking, "Porn really, Eric? Didn't you get laid enough without resorting to watching others get it?"

"I ran out of females and needed some relief. I won't be needing it again. Besides I doubt I could get off on the fake females anymore." Eric blushes at her words and look as he explains. Laughing Cheryl just dumps the dvd's back in the garbage.

The next day they spend packing the truck and cleaning up both houses getting ready to go. That's how Matt finds them. He frowns at seeing the truck already packed. "You're leaving already?"

It's Eric that answers, Cheryl had left it up to him when he wants to leave. If it had been her, they would have left right after the sparring on Friday. "No reason to stay longer. No one has come by other than you and Shelly, to see Cheryl. As for me, all my exes keep wanting to hook up. We'd rather go and get settled in as soon as possible.

"Do you want to take the food back to the pack house or should we take it with us?" Cheryl wasn't sure what to do with it since they didn't buy it.

Matt shrugs irritably, "It was bought for her use. Take it with you. We'd like it if you could talk her into coming back at least once a month. I'd like her to teach some of those defense moves to the females of the pack. There are times when they are forced to fight and aren't up to the caliber of the males."

"You'd have to ask her, alpha, I promised her I wouldn't talk about coming back here unless she brings it up first." Eric replies smoothly. After seeing how the pack treats her he doesn't blame her. Besides he's sick of dealing with the females that won't get it through their heads that he's not interested in them any more.

The biggest surprise in that one had been Regina. He'd had a total scare when she came up to him with a two year old child. After their fling Regina had left. Not that he really cared, but when he saw the child he thought she left because she was pregnant with his child. Turns out she found her mate the day after he dumped her and she had gone to live with him in his pack. The child was his, no doubt about it.

After she left him, "Are you alright, Eric?" Cheryl asks.

"Just had a scare is all. I thought when she came up to me it was to tell me the child was mine."

Cheryl smirks, but she's glad that the child wasn't his, she's not sure what she'd do if she found out he fathered a child with someone else.

"How likely is it?"

Eric looks at her blankly, "What?"

"How likely is it that you fathered a child?"

Eric smirks, "You're carrying my twins, you tell me."

Cheryl slaps him and it's not light. She's being serious, "How likely is it?"

"Didn't happen with any of the females in this pack. Regina is the only one I couldn't account for. If any of the females in the other packs got with pup they never told me. There is always a possibility, though and with how promiscuous I was, well the odds weren't in my favor. I did use protection though, so that should lessen the chances and I did my best to make sure they were in their off cycle."

Cheryl raises her eyebrow, "You could tell when their cycle was-"

"Yes, most males can tell. Although when a bitch is in heat it's kinda hard to miss." Eric smirks at her. The females don't like to be referred to bitches just because they are female. Cheryl narrows her eyes at him.

Eric loses the smirk real fast. "You're not just a bitch." He stops as her eyes get even more narrow. "I mean, you could never be a bitch." Cheryl doesn't let up and Eric is starting to sweat. 

"You will regret that, Eric." Cheryl tells him turning back to the house.

Eric tries to put his arms around her but she shrugs him off. He walks at her side with his arms and head hanging down. The last thing he wanted to do was piss her off.

Saturday afternoon finds them back in the city and Cheryl smiles happily to see who is there to greet them. "Went back to your pack?" One of the males says giving her a hug and swinging her around.

"Orders, alpha Matt found his mate. Shelly doesn't do well with wolves and he wanted me there to help."

One of the others speaks up, "Shelly, the witch that's your friend?"

Cheryl smiles wide, "Yep, spent the last few days at the pack and dealing with fallout. Looks like she'll be staying at least for a bit. What are you guys doing here?"

"Layne called us up and asked us to move in. Since he's going to rent to us at the same price we were charged at our old place we jumped at the chance. He said that your place was trashed?" The biggest of the four wolves says worriedly.

"Yeah, and her lap top stolen," Eric says and goes up to the wolves and puts a protective arm around her. He figures they are the independents that watched out for her, but she is his.

Cheryl blushes red as there are now five sets of eyes watching her. "Eric these are my friends that have helped me for the last several years, Joe, Colin, Dave and Jamie. Guys, this is my mate, Eric." The four size Eric up and Eric returns the favor.

"If you found your mate, then why is Layne pressuring us to move in?"

Cheryl scoffs, "Offering you better living accommodations at the same price you paid is pressuring? I've seen your old place, it was falling apart. A piece damn near hit me last time I visited."

The four look anywhere but at her with those words. 

Eric answers their question though, "Matt doesn't think it was a random break in. He thinks she's targeted and doesn't want her unprotected."

This gets the attention of the four, "He think it's a super or a human?" Joe demands. The guys start unloading the truck as they talk.

"We've more or less eliminated the possibility of it being a super." Eric looks grim. Cheryl unlocks the door and opens it for them to follow. With the help of the four wolves the truck was unloaded in one go. Cheryl sets down the bags she was carrying.

"Humans shouldn't be too difficult to deal with." Colin says thoughtfully. "Cheryl should be able to deal with him on her own."

Eric shakes his head, "Humans have a tendency to use weapons. I don't want her anywhere near one. She's with pup now."