10

"Because I was so smart I was placed in the advanced classes with the seniors, you," Cheryl can no longer look at Eric. Instead she focuses on the spectacular view of the forest below them before she gets lost in the memories as she speaks.

"I wasn't a very forceful person. Most people seemed to ignore me and I was fine with that. It allowed me to watch and learn. And I did learn. I listened as well. It's amazing what people will say in front of you when they don't even realize that you are there.

"I, like most of the girls in the high school had a crush on you. You were the golden child. You held records in track and field that I believe still hold. The star football player that took our school to the state championship every year." Cheryl lets her smile turn a bit bitter.

"The player that every girl wanted to be with. There were many females that were more than forthcoming about their dates with you. I learned a lot from hearing them talk about you sexually.

"But I never believed you would ever even see me. I had good reason to believe that since we had three classes together and you never even looked in my direction. But then again, I was and am about as opposite of those girls as you could find.

"I admit to having daydreams, who doesn't daydream about their crush? But I always knew the difference between reality and dreams. I knew you would never choose me."

"Did you hear that Eric dumped his girlfriend yesterday?" Samantha confided to her best friend Tammy.

Tammy snorts, "What else is new? Eric doesn't stay with a single girl for more than a week. Usually only as long as it takes him to bed her. Then he moves on." Tammy's words aren't bitter although she was one of the ones he dumped after he took what he wanted from her. She was one of the longer lasting though. She made it a whole week before he slept with her.

Neither Samantha nor Tammy noticed the young girl in the restroom with them. They were too busy gossiping and doing their makeup to notice the know-it-all, goody-two-shoes that should be a freshman in school. Cheryl isn't sure how she got the nickname of goody-two-shoes, she never judges or looks down on others. She accepts people as they are.

She doesn't realize that that's the reason. She doesn't judge or bully. It's just something she doesn't understand.

"There's a bet that he'll be going after the ice queen next." Samantha says with more than a little maliciousness.

The ice queen is the most popular girl in school. She doesn't sleep around and she rarely dates. Cheryl thinks the dating part has more to do with her parents, her father is the current beta of the pack, than with her own personal desires. Personally Cheryl likes Regina, but Regina like most of the kids at the school barely notices her. Cheryl shrugs to herself. She's used to being alone.

"You think Eric has a chance of thawing the ice queen?" Tammy asks wide eyed.

"If anyone can, Eric can."

This is a statement that Cheryl can endorse. Eric could melt the coldest heart when he wants to. When he wants something he doesn't hold back.

It's something she finds both intriguing and no little disgusting, since he almost only ever uses it to get girls to sleep with him.

"You going to the game tonight?" Tammy asks Samantha as they pick up their bags and leave.

"Of course, he might not want me but that doesn't mean I don't want to watch him. That boy is very good looking and in those tight football pants," Samantha shivers. Cheryl can smell her arousal and wrinkles her nose.