32

Cheryl stands next to Eric and is glowing. "You look lovely, Cheryl. Marriage suits you." Matt says coming up to her after the ceremony Shelly beaming at her at his side.

"Thank you, Matt. Thank you both for coming since it was such short notice." Cheryl blushes at that, but it was three years in the making. She's never been so happy or content.

With Eric helping out as her receptionist she is easily able to take in more patients and word of her abilities has spread. More supernaturals are coming to her than ever before.

There hasn't been anymore trouble with break ins or anyone targeting her since she got back either.

Shelly smiles at her proudly, "It was no problem. It's nice to be taking a break, to tell you the truth."

After they left the pack to return to the city Shelly made her decision about staying. They are even now renovating a building just outside of the pack lands to turn into her restaurant. Word has already gone out that the new luna is opening her own restaurant. The restaurant is months away from opening and already there are reservations for the first six months. Shelly had made sure that there would be a few tables open for walk ins, but the majority are for reservations only.

Shelly was pleased to quit her job. She was more than happy to tell the overbearing chef where to stick it. She could cook better than him and knows it. So did he, that's why he wouldn't let her even be his sous chef.

The restaurant was very time consuming, but Shelly's loving every moment of it.

Matt not so much. He doesn't like her being away from his side that much. When he complains she just laughs at him and tells him that she had warned him and that he needs to just suck it up. He doesn't like that, but he knows that this is making Shelly happy and for that he'll tolerate a great deal.

Shelly had cooked for them and knowing just how many grown male wolves there would be, Shelly cooked enough for an army. She doesn't think there will be much in the way of leftovers either.

"Come out and visit, Cheryl. Give it another week or so though. Right now the insides have been gutted so there isn't much to see." Shelly urges her friend. She's also hoping that when she looks at the restaurant that she'll look over the other office space next door and accept moving next to her.

Cheryl smiles delightedly, "I don't know about next week, but we'll definitely make time within the next month. Will that be alright?"

Shelly smiles warmly at her friend. "That will be more than fine. Just give me a call and let me know. I'll have dinner for afterwards."

That makes Eric more than willing to go look over a building in renovations. He wasn't really thrilled at the idea. But with Shelly cooking dinner, not a problem.

Shelly notices his expression change and smirks. "I see that your husband doesn't have a problem with that."

Cheryl rolls her eyes. If there is one thing that she's jealous of Shelly for, that's the fact that Eric would drop her to eat with Shelly.

Eric looks at her hurt. She must have said her thoughts out loud. Shelly looks torn between amusement and worry.

"I wouldn't leave you, Cheryl, you must know that?" Eric says but ends it as a question.

"I know. I also know that my culinary skills aren't good and Shelly's are superb. They say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. After watching you and the other male wolves after eating her food, I wouldn't doubt it." Cheryl isn't sure if she means to be lighthearted or sad with those words.

"I'm sorry," Shelly says leaning over and giving Cheryl a hug.

"It's not your fault. My talents are mental, not culinary." Cheryl tells her returning the hug.

Eric goes to say something to Cheryl when Layne comes over to congratulate them. "Well, Eric, it's taken three years but I see that you finally managed to get your life in order."

"Yes, sir. I guess I just needed a good old fashioned ass whooping, well several since Matt took such delight in giving them to me daily for three years. Not that I didn't deserve each and every one and then some." Eric says unable to look up to meet the eyes of his alpha.

Layne will be retiring as soon as they have the ceremony to officially welcome Shelly as the luna and Matt as the alpha.

"Alpha Layne, have you thought over what I asked?" Cheryl interrupts the two. She doesn't want Eric getting stuck in those thoughts. Not today she doesn't, this is supposed to be a happy day for them both.

"Miniature gardens on the roof?" Layne asks to make sure that's what she was asking about.

"Yes, sir," Cheryl replies hopeful.

"Doesn't bother me any. There aren't any water taps up there so they'll have to hand water, but as long as they are willing to do the work, they are more than welcome to use the roof."

Cheryl gives Layne the biggest smile he or any of them have ever seen and all but throws herself into his arms. Eric growls low in his throat and Cheryl merely looks at him and sticks her tongue out. But she isn't all that slow to move away from her alpha either.

Layne takes that time to move along and her friends come over anxiously. "Well, congratulations you two. Now, Cheryl, what did Layne tell you?"

It's still weird for Eric to hear his Alpha's name with out the title, but the four males never recognize the title with Layne.

Cheryl smirks at them. "There is no water on the roof, so you'll have to haul it up there, but he's given his okay." Cheryl rather thinks that they've already bought the wood and made the boxes for the mini gardens. She thinks by the end of the day that they'll have the gardens put up and planted. She thinks that they should wait until next year since it's so late in the growing season, but like cooking, growing things isn't her forte.

She doesn't even want to think of how many plants she's managed to kill over the years. The boys have already made her promise to not touch the gardens and in return they'd share the bounty.

Cheryl thought it was the perfect trade off.

That night they go back home and enjoy their first time as a married couple.

Cheryl has never been so happy in her life.